Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
although alot of people will hate on it i think zex kits are very nice because they come with the zex control box but ive had the Nitrous Express kits and they are awesome too just be sure to do a wet kit :)

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Personally, I will only use nitrous express or NOS kits. With a stock block b16 you will be fine if you stay 75 and under. You can do either dry or wet. A properly installed dry kit wont hurt you any more than a wet kit will. However, wet kits are safer than dry kits because the fuel is already there instead of having to wait for the computer and fpr to respond to the fuel demand.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Are you can go with nitrous express don't go dry shot a lot o people blow up with that if its a stock b16 do a 75 shot are under if the head is wrk u can do 150 shot
NO NO NO NO. Head work will not allow you to do a 150 shot. Head work isnt going to do much for you. The problem lies in the pistons, rings, and the cylinders. Those are the weak points. You will crack a sleeve or blow out the rings long before you do anything to the head.

· Registered
242 Posts
NO NO NO NO. Head work will not allow you to do a 150 shot. Head work isnt going to do much for you. The problem lies in the pistons, rings, and the cylinders. Those are the weak points. You will crack a sleeve or blow out the rings long before you do anything to the head.
exactly....if it was me just do a NX or NOS wet 50 shot and you'll be fine just dont use is all the time like i did and blow head gaskets left and right..lol you could do 75 shot but then your going to have to retard your timing and get colder plugs

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
I have run a 50 shot dry on a stock block b16 for about 6 years now and havent had any problems with it. I just recently stepepd up to a wet kit and havent decided what shot i want to run..

you can do a 30 40 50 shot adjustable 2 ways...you would either, A. have to run multiple kits at a really low shot like a 25..and the second kit another 25 shot so it would equal a 50..but thats a lot of extra bs for a street car and a 50 shot...

your next choice would be to run a progresive controller, however that only limits the shot size for 1-5 seconds..thats meant to jsut allow you to hook up your tires and not spin out of the hole...

· Registered
20,271 Posts
I have run a 50 shot dry on a stock block b16 for about 6 years now and havent had any problems with it. I just recently stepepd up to a wet kit and havent decided what shot i want to run..

you can do a 30 40 50 shot adjustable 2 ways...you would either, A. have to run multiple kits at a really low shot like a 25..and the second kit another 25 shot so it would equal a 50..but thats a lot of extra bs for a street car and a 50 shot...

your next choice would be to run a progresive controller, however that only limits the shot size for 1-5 seconds..thats meant to jsut allow you to hook up your tires and not spin out of the hole...
lol kev...

i ran a 75 shot for about 7 years on my B18C. no need for a progressive controller just buy a set of drag radials and squeeze on the launch

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
lol kev...

i ran a 75 shot for about 7 years on my B18C. no need for a progressive controller just buy a set of drag radials and squeeze on the launch
the only reason i suggestued such was because he asked about doing 30, 40, 50 limited

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
from what i have been reading on all these other sites you dont advance the timing at all you need to retard it for nitrous
100% correct. You want to retard the timing. He was making a joke. Either way I deleted the post to avoid any confusion with people looking for legit information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.