Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was thinking about getting a b16a swap into my 1990 honda crx SI. I checked the swap info section and I saw a b16a sir1 engine with tranny and stock mounts for 1150 at http://www.hondamotorsonline.com Is there any other place (in so cal) that I can get the engine and tranny for cheaper or is this pretty much how much I should expend to spend on the engine and trans.

The engine comes with stock mounts...do I HAVE to buy aftermarket mounts, becasue I know they are pretty expensive...I saw the hasport mounts somewhere for like $400, thats crazy!!

And is there anything else I will need such as axles or anything, and how much should that run me??? How much should I expect to spend on labor?

I'm asking all these questions cuz I'm not familiar with this whole b16 swap thing and I dont want to get hustled when I decide to get it done...

THANK YOU :D

Steve

·
Registered
398 Posts
Buy the mounts from steve at hondamotors, hasport mounts for 350, and the shift linkage was only 50. He should give you the axles, and thats pretty much all you need. I have been to mn, and it had a big import scene, are you sure there is no shops near you? Ryan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its a complete changeover, so axles should be included. be sure to get the linkage too. Ryan

ps, 90-93 teg axles, or true sir axles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
droppedcrxsi said:
Buy the mounts from steve at hondamotors, hasport mounts for 350, and the shift linkage was only 50. He should give you the axles, and thats pretty much all you need. I have been to mn, and it had a big import scene, are you sure there is no shops near you? Ryan
Maybe it does up in teh Twin Cities... I live in Rochester, MN and there are a dozen racers around here with Buddy Club kits, Huge Wings, and like 8" Exhaust. I dont consider them racers though... more Ricers... and they are all white. Ill so a search to see if there are any Performance Shops in Minnesota on yahoo or something.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yep it was the twin cities. Consider trying the swap your self, there is a lot of info on the net, try phattys site, or my site for parts, and part #'s (in the sig) Ryan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has anyone tried those B-series motor mounts that they've be selling on ebay lately. They're not Hasport or place racing.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the wire harness is not needed, you can make your own, but I got one for 50 bux, and it is super clean looking, and well worth it. The shift linkage was only 50 bux also, no its not needed. You can custom lenghten, or shorten many factory linkages, but if you dont know how to, 50 is a good deal. Ryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And how much should I expect to spend for labor to put everything in? And would you be able to recommend a very reasonable place for me to go? (in so cal)

Thanks again...

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
$400 for mounts that places your engine in perfect position is a great price to me, instead of buying cheap mounts and having your engine misaligned and breaking axles weekly. With axles on the other hand I got 90-93 integra b18a ones

·
Registered
425 Posts
do the axles that Hmotorsonline give you are from a true SiR CR-X? or are they axles from any car? How can you visually tell wjat kind of axles they are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.