Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start off im not a noob i just forgot my password and i dont have my email anymore so i cant get it so i had to re register.....but anywho here is my question. I have a b16a motor for a 1g swap into my 90 civic hatch but i have no tranny,axels,harness,computer. i tried using the search but it doesnt tell what kind of car (cars) i need to get this stuff from i am very knowledgeable about swaps i know that i need to modify the shift linkcage and get mounts from hasport but thats not a problem... any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thank You

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Google is your friend

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks that helped out alot.. but what motors have the same tranny..can i hust use any b-series trannys on the b16a or is it limited i think i can use tranny from a b18b cant i ? im not sure.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes thank is what i was wanting to know ...but know i have another question i have the whole wiring harness for the swap even the interior harness ..how hard would it be to just rip out the whole civic harness and swap in the b16a harness? my car is already stripped out no interior what so ever except for two front seats and i know how to take out the dash but thats easy. what else other then the guage cluster would i need.. i just dont feel like re wireing everything cause my car is obdo non fuel injected so i would need to do the fuel injection swap also along with the motor wireing swap and i really dont have the money to get it all from hasport or rywire ..any help would be great appreciated

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh i know this may be stupid but are dseries and b series exhaust manifolds /headers interchangeable just curious its to cold out side to go digging threw piles of honda parts looking for a manifold to see if it fits.. X)

· Registered
1,993 Posts
no..You must have a lot of time on your hands to replace an vehicles ENTIRE harness. Rywire is like $75.. All you need is an engine harness, ecu, and conversion harness

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so witch conversion harnes should i get ????cause i would also have to get the mpfi swap. along with the motor harness swap.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well nvm i just checked it would be almost 300$ for just the conversion harness i need. i think i can save a little if i just replace the whole harness cause my dash is already out, cause i wanted to see for myself what all went into it ..plus it only took like 10 minutes out of my day and it gave me something to do . so is there anything i should know about before i get into doing this? has anyone ever done it on sho ? if so any help would be great im kinda going in blind on this so ....

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
didnt read the whole thread...but like ive said before B fits B and D fits D THATS IT!!!!!to the people who say wiring is hard... its not really, if it is your first time, id give it 3 days before you get it right, but once you know how it takes a few hours at most, going from DPFI to MPFI CAN be a bitch, just make sure you get the right fuel volt resistor box... and you are an idiot YOUR CAR IS INJECTED........HENCE THE DPFI-MPFI CONVERSION NEEDED you had no need to do anything with the interior beside pull back the carpet for a ECU swap the cluster has no effect on if it will work or not, since you have the whoel B16 harness inside and out go ahead and try it.....just remember you got that out of a RHD car ;)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i knew that the manifold didnt i was just curious and didnt want to get out in 5 degree weather digging around to find out and my interior was already out and i am also replacing the dash for a si black dash instead of the ugly ass blue one .and i know what dpfi and mpfi is i have done the fukin swap before asshole .you dont have to be a dick just cause you think i was asking a stupid question this is a forum remember it happens. I Give It 4 hours before i get done with it not 3 days im not stupid im curious. Im pretty sure i have it figured out i set out there for about 30 minutes seeing how everything went. It isnt as hard as you would think i swear to you.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
just so you know man you should look into the adapter harness for the dizzy. and you might need to run the two wires for vtec because your car isnt wired for it.... i dont know if you already covered that but im just sayin haha good luck with the swap

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok done with the swap i will post pics soon swapping the whole harness was actually very easy its not hard to do at all if you have any basic wiring knowledge. it actually took me longer to do the dpfi to mpfi swap on my brothers car. if anyone has questions about how i did it or about the swap feel free to ask. And it saved a lot of money instead of buying the jumper harness and such.

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
i knew that the manifold didnt i was just curious and didnt want to get out in 5 degree weather digging around to find out and my interior was already out and i am also replacing the dash for a si black dash instead of the ugly ass blue one .and i know what dpfi and mpfi is i have done the fukin swap before asshole .you dont have to be a dick just cause you think i was asking a stupid question this is a forum remember it happens. I Give It 4 hours before i get done with it not 3 days im not stupid im curious. Im pretty sure i have it figured out i set out there for about 30 minutes seeing how everything went. It isnt as hard as you would think i swear to you.
like i said IF YOUVE DONE IT BEFORE ITS NOT HARD, there are alot of threads on any forum about DPFI-MPFI swaps, i wasnt trying to bust your chops its just a redundant question, and i apoligise i misread part of your post, but i do have to ask if you knew the manifold didnt fit then why ask about it??

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at the time i figured it didnt fit but i was hoping i was wrong so i asked ....it was just a dumb question ....But hey i love the swap the power you get out of a stock b16 in a hatch is actually kinda rediculous..LOL i also really wanted to do the whole harness swap cause i wanted to use the guagecluster from the sir there different and thats why i wanted to do it but its all done i also did the linkcage myself. i had to cut like 3 or 4 in off and reweld it and it works great ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.