Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically to sum it up I have a B16a (2nd Gen.) I want to turbo it and my goal is to reach about 300 hp. Although 250 will do just as nicely. the engine sits in a 99 civic coupe if that matters at all. i'm hoping to not spend more than a grand or 2 but if I have to so be it. I,need tips as to what engine modifications I need. I don't know what parts I mist change before I am able to turbo it. So far i've read fuel lines as well as pump. Any input will be greatly appreciated! Another side note, are ebay turbo kits okay to buy? I don't want responses saying no they suck. Give me a explanation as to why they do. Thanks in advance to everyone who replies!

·
Registered
261 Posts
ebay kits are not the best due to being pretty small turbos, not very good turbos, 90% of the time they are not a very good fit and you end up cutting a lot of tubing ect. but im sure you will get to 250-300 on a B16 with one. i have seen people make 250 on a stock block but it is getting up to the bending rods range. make sure you get a very good tuner to tune it. you are going to need some form of ECU mod and larger injectors 440cc or bigger. i use a hondata system for my del sol they are easy to work with and every tune shop will work with them. a lot of shops will not tune with chrome or uberdata ect. hondata is a bit pricy though round 500$. you really should get some stronger rods and pistons. you can usely find a set of eagle rods and pistons for a few hundred bucks on ebay. a good set of eagle head studs is not a bad idea as well. i first turboed my stock block and started getting head lift (streatching of the head bolts) under boost. if you go with a ebay turbo kit you should still be able to keep all this under 2000$. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts