Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so finally my d15 met its demise (ive been trying to get it to go for about five years) I know what parts are required to put a b16a1 in. what i need are detailed, step by step instructions on wiring, like i said i have the std dpfi model, but is it going to the same even though ill be using a pr3 ecu instead of a pm6? or is the dpfi to mpfi conv wired up different because ecu differences. ive also thought of getting rywire to do up a harness that is basically pnp but i cant find a complete b16a1 engine harness and the one that will be coming with my engine i believe will be cut, any help is appreciated. :bash

· Registered
2,699 Posts
You gotta get the dpi-mpfi swap done, then all you gotta do is take your mpfi converted harness off your d15 and use it on the b16 but you're going to have to wire up VTEC and your knock sensor separately..I think your o2 sensor too. Just search for the wiring walkthrough on google.

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
ahh the DPFI-MPFI... ive been through it a few times, first make sure you get the RIGHT fuel volt resistor box, if its the wrong one this will cause you un-needed headaches, be careful with the pins, and make sure they all fully seat, if it does not work the first time you start it.... dont be disappointed, it took me 2 swaps, and at least 2 weeks on the first one to get the wiring right, granted a week of that was because i had the wrong fuel volt resistor box, it is not hard to do, but once you do it dont get discouraged if it doesnt work 100% if it starts throwing codes left and right address them ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT TRY TO FIX ALL AT ONCE that will only give you more problems,fix one, reset ECU let it throw codes, fix another and so on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.