Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... great to have SHO back. I finally have my money saved up and this week I plan on doing my swap. Just wanted to know everyone's opinions on this motor, the B16A4. The Pro's and Con's and all. Also, when I buy the motor from JDMHondaParts.com will they supply me w/ everything for a complete drop in. I have all the tools and stuff like that but when it comes down to the actual parts I'm just trying to find out how much extra dough I should plan on pumping out. I plan on getting a Carbon Fiber hood and new fenders cause I'm taking the yellow flames off. I get pulled over way too freaking much.
Thanks
Corey

· Registered
67 Posts
Hey Corey

I'm going through (slowly) the same thing, an Si to SiR-II swap and I got mine from JDMHondaParts.com. I got everything I need except for that ever elusive Del Sol VTEC shift linkage you will need. Contact Brad at Wilde Motorsports to get one

http://www.wildemotorsports.com

Other than that it's all pretty easy to find stuff

-p28 ECU (I got a skunk2)
-VTEC Radiator (not needed but recomended)
-Wires to hook up your Knock Sensor
-Fluids (oil, coolant, tranny, clutch, brake)
-B16 engine mounts

Anything else I'm missing here?

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see that's what I'm talking about. When I talked to JDMHondaParts.com they said that they were giving me everything I needed. They are giving me motor mounts but I heard that I would have to get a different type of passenger side mount. I'd much rather take the advice of anyone who's doing/or done the swap than someone who is just trying to sell me their product. I'd love to get some more info too. Thanks.
Corey

· Registered
15 Posts
sucezlui said:
hey guys!!! if u look in jdmhondaparts.com more thoroughly, u'll see that they sell del sol vtec shift linkages.....$150. i think it's under used parts or somethin....just look, u'll see it

Robbie
I think I bought my shift linkage from Honda new for less than that. Plus no shipping charges. dont forget some oem parts are cheap

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.