Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a B16b in my ek typeR, whats good to match the top end. I remember seeing this page that had all the possible engine swaps and different mixes you can make, does anyone know of this page? also somone told me that a H20 would be backwards compatible with my B16b? Is this true and what would people recommend?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
davkav said:
Have a B16b in my ek typeR, whats good to match the top end. I remember seeing this page that had all the possible engine swaps and different mixes you can make, does anyone know of this page? also somone told me that a H20 would be backwards compatible with my B16b? Is this true and what would people recommend?
:confused Top end? You mean the cylinder head? Why would you want to change that?

Also no only b-series are compatible with B-series....and there isn't even such a thing as an H20

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
gurusan said:
:confused Top end? You mean the cylinder head? Why would you want to change that?

Also no only b-series are compatible with B-series....and there isn't even such a thing as an H20
:kick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wo wo wo yeah typo meant B20B. Anyways Ive been doin some lookin around and basically I can use my header and tranny and swap the bottom end to a B20. Only thing is apparently theres a few mods to be made like direct oil line feed to the vtec, which is done by removing the vtec solenoid from the header and using that port for the feed. there is a vtec solenoid already lower down in the bottom end of a B20B im told anyway, is this true? the pistons need to be skimmed aswell. Also some mods need to be made to bolt heads and what not, does anyone know of any how to guide or the likes?? oh and I can pick up a B20B for next to nothing over here

·
Registered
398 Posts
why would u want to change somthing as precious as an ek ctr? :confused

1 - 10 of 10 Posts