Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I need to keep the ls crank but add good rods, pistons(boosting), good rod bolts, head studs.

I am getting the LS swap in the fall and am going to try and stock up on the parts I need. It is coming with a gsr tranny, I'd like to have the B16 tranny but I am going to see how the C1 transmission plays out.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
BurntRubber87 said:
LS crank, good bearings..LS rods are pretty tough with ARP rod bolts..but if you got the $ then go with Eagle rods..GSR trans is fine.
:stupid . If boosting, I probably wouldn't bother with the vtec head. yes, there are gains to be had by using it, but I don't know if the benefits are worth the cost. The money saved could buy you a quaife which you might need to help address the traction issues that you will have with the newfound power.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok say I was to upgrade rod berrings, rods, and go with forged pistons on a ls head with a decent set of cams could I push it up around 8000rpm. I dont want to hear the you dont need rpm arguement because i plan to run like a GT35 so the extra head room will help in making power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts