Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a B18A in my friends CRX HF and now it wont start and throws a Code 15 - Ignition Output Signal and i went through three Distro's so what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
What year motor is it?
What year/typr distributor is it?
What wiring are you using to run the motor?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
93' teg motor,
91 distro
91 crx si/hf harness
91 injectors

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
everything wired up properly?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Your right with that setup you should be money. Alright the next easy step is to see if ytou have continuity to the ECU from the dist. for the ingition output wire. The wire goes to B8 and B9 which are two white wires usually. B is the middle connector. The way this book counts I believe is up and down from right to left. But It could just be across. In any case they go to the same place as they are spliced together before the dist. Unplug the ecu B connector get a paper clip and put it in the hole of the wire on pin 8 or 9 and see if they both go all the way to the signal wire in the distributor connector it is a white wire also but usually looks almost yellowish from heat and age most of the time. Use a digital multimeter to do this set to ohms you shoould get a reading of zero. If that's good then there is some other problem but since you said you've tryed 3 dist then that's more tahn likely the problem. Repair the wiring as neccessary. Pecae!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i will check out the wiring when i get a multimeter from work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts