Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 B18A1, and I changed out the manifold with another stock manifold cause it was manual, and I also had to change out the injectors and fuel rail.. After doing this the car started and I test drove it.. It has no power when you go, even when you floor it, it does nothing, just pulls slow... I tried to redo the vacuum lines, but still no luck.. What do you think that could be causing it to not get any power? I even disconnected the fuel and purge cut off valves... Still no luck... HELP...!!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did you get new fuel injectors and fuel rail? The injectors could be clogged and prevent fuel from spraying. Also check the throttle cable to see if it's tight, TPS sensor, MAP sensor, basically parts on the manifold that you might of forgot about.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EK9_Civic said:
Did you get new fuel injectors and fuel rail? The injectors could be clogged and prevent fuel from spraying. Also check the throttle cable to see if it's tight, TPS sensor, MAP sensor, basically parts on the manifold that you might of forgot about.
The throttle is opening all the way up,, and the TPS sensor I changed out already.. I also tried using the civic MAP sensor, and still same thing... A bad injector will cause this kind of problem right...?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brad98_teg said:
injectors could be bad. run some cleaner through them
They car does not sputter or anything, it just goes real slow ( No Power ).. Should I run the cleaner through the throttle body, or the fuel tank.. The thing is that the motor ran before with power, before I took off the manifold and fuel ril and injectors to put them on the other manifold... After that, I am now having these problems...

·
Registered
371 Posts
It'll make more sense to run the cleaner through the fuel tank, that way the cleaner can get to your whole fuel system, including the fuel injectors. I think it'll be more effective if there is less gas in the tank, that way there is more percentage of the fuel treatment. You can also check for any fuel leaks around the manifold, try checking the fuel injector rings that go around the injectors to see if they're all there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EK9_Civic said:
It'll make more sense to run the cleaner through the fuel tank, that way the cleaner can get to your whole fuel system, including the fuel injectors. I think it'll be more effective if there is less gas in the tank, that way there is more percentage of the fuel treatment. You can also check for any fuel leaks around the manifold, try checking the fuel injector rings that go around the injectors to see if they're all there.

Im thinking that it is a fuel problem 2, but ow can the injector rings cause a problem like this, cause I did remove them and fuel rail, onto another manifold...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.