Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I tried asking in the "should I do this thread" but unfortunately my question was over run by another debate. So heres the run down.

Im starting to get some money together, and I just need an opinion here. I have a 1994 del Sol S just getting to 119K miles. I'm wondering if I should go for the b18c1 or a VTEC sol. If I got a VTEC Id probably go for a 95 with 80-100K miles, and it would take a lot less time than dropping in a new engine.

Im leaning towards the b18, although most likely more expensive and more time consuming, I see it as the better option in the long run. However I would just like to know what some of you guys think, it would help me in making my decision.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
eh...I'm not really sure. the gsr swap would be nice though. It's either or really. and a swap isn't really time consuming. If you're doing it yourself just make sure you have everything prior to begining the swap. Or if a shop is doing it for you, make sure you get everything you need before hand so they can do it quickly. either way, it won't take that long.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
my buddy had a b18c in his del sol...such a fun car, i recomend it

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
soul 93 said:
the b18c1 has ~180 hp
:btu and yes the overall difference between trim levels is the main choice...and even if you couldn't score a vtec sol, the si isn't a bad choice at all...just swap the z6 for the gsr ;) vtec sol's are kind of hard to come by, just so you know.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
solsykness said:
:btu and yes the overall difference between trim levels is the main choice...and even if you couldn't score a vtec sol, the si isn't a bad choice at all...just swap the z6 for the gsr ;) vtec sol's are kind of hard to come by, just so you know.

Haha yeah I know what you mean, I know finding one wouldn't be easy. Fortunately although I have a S that has power windows and I'm getting a security system installed and with it power locks. Also, my sol has all 4 speakers, which I'm replacing next week with some Pioneers.

The biggest deciding factor for me was the brakes, but my uncle is going to help me find some gsr brakes so I can do that rear disc conversion, as well as replace the front brakes.(I'll probably be asking for a little help on that in the near future)

And now it's final, because of you fine gentleman I've decided on the b18. Thanks again. :D

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So what advantages does the b18 have over the b16, if torque isn't really one? Obviously I can see it has a little more hp, so is it just more top end power and higher top speed?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.