Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
41,903 Posts
h22.. its cheaper and makes more power. Dont listen to anyone who says it understeers, they've probably never even driven one. As long as you have aftermarket suspension, it will handle just fine

· Registered
4,294 Posts
Ok - well then, what year/model Civic is it? What are your plans for the car? The way I look at it, the H22 clearly has more torque and is not that much heavier than the B18c5 - but it also lacks the amount of aftermarket support the B18 has. Also, from what I've heard the custom mounts required to swap an H22 into a Civic are way more expensive than B series mounts...

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Ok - well then, what year/model Civic is it? What are your plans for the car? The way I look at it, the H22 clearly has more torque and is not that much heavier than the B18c5 - but it also lacks the amount of aftermarket support the B18 has. Also, from what I've heard the custom mounts required to swap an H22 into a Civic are way more expensive than B series mounts...

My only thing with most of the H22 setups in civics I've seen is that the oil pan hangs awfully low to the ground if your cars lowered at all. a big bump and you might dent it or something, it happened to a guy who had a 93 dx 4dr with a h22 around here.

· Registered
13,249 Posts
B18c5 by far the better swap and it is faster.

I have a 93 coupe, another dude I know had a 95 coupe. I had a B16 with ITR cams, he had an H22. He got ate the fuck up, and I had a passenger and he had none. I would walk him every time, he wasn't happy. So if a B16 w/ITR cams eats an H22, then one can safely assume a proper ITR motor will do the same. And the shit will fit properly in a civic and you don't get any of the potential negatives or headaches from trying to put in an h22.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
b-series...better motor all around..better fit int he car..more aftermarket support..more potential.

· Registered
974 Posts
K20A

or

K24A = Cheaper and makes more power...

Combine a K24 with K20 6-Speed Transmission for a real rocket.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
K20A

or

K24A = Cheaper and makes more power...

Combine a K24 with K20 6-Speed Transmission for a real rocket.
and at the price of that swap and build you could've bought a faster car for much cheaper and prolly nicer all around

· Registered
1,487 Posts
B18c5 by far the better swap and it is faster.

I have a 93 coupe, another dude I know had a 95 coupe. I had a B16 with ITR cams, he had an H22. He got ate the fuck up, and I had a passenger and he had none. I would walk him every time, he wasn't happy. So if a B16 w/ITR cams eats an H22, then one can safely assume a proper ITR motor will do the same. And the shit will fit properly in a civic and you don't get any of the potential negatives or headaches from trying to put in an h22.
x2 i walked my boys type sh prelude and he had stunk2 stage2 cams and bolt ons

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
x2 i walked my boys type sh prelude and he had stunk2 stage2 cams and bolt ons
ummm duh. a prelude sh weighs around 3000lbs. if that h22a was in the same car you had, it would've been another story. with those cams and a b-series tranny you would've gotten smoked

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.