Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys here is the deal i am in the process of doin a b18a swap w/s1 tranny into my 91 crx dx. there are a few questions i got that i cant really find answers too. so if anyone could help me out would be greatly appreciated. ok will a 90-91 integra ecu plug right into my existing dx electrical connections? and can i use my stock crx radiator or do i need a integra radiator if so what year and will it fit right in? how about the fuel pump change it or keep the one i have? oh and i dont know if this is a stupid question but the shift rod and the shift extension rod do i use the ones from the b18a or the ones from my dx tranny?

·
Registered
317 Posts
drahgon55 said:
hey guys here is the deal i am in the process of doin a b18a swap w/s1 tranny into my 91 crx dx. there are a few questions i got that i cant really find answers too. so if anyone could help me out would be greatly appreciated. ok will a 90-91 integra ecu plug right into my existing dx electrical connections? and can i use my stock crx radiator or do i need a integra radiator if so what year and will it fit right in? how about the fuel pump change it or keep the one i have? oh and i dont know if this is a stupid question but the shift rod and the shift extension rod do i use the ones from the b18a or the ones from my dx tranny?
Im not sure on the ecu, stock radiator will work, might need the modify the hoses or use the integra hoses, you can keep the fuel pump, use the integra shift rod and extension. I believe thats correct someone correct me if Im wrong. If your in need of a b18 complete swap, I have one for sale, let me know if interested

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the info if anyone knows if i can use the ls integra ecu with the crx
harness let me know. and i have the entire swap already i just need the shift rod and shift extension rod.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
drahgon55 said:
ok thanks for the info if anyone knows if i can use the ls integra ecu with the crx
harness let me know. and i have the entire swap already i just need the shift rod and shift extension rod.
Make sure its from a 90-91 and it'll plug right in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/OBD0Basics.php

Under the heading
Basics:
All civic and integra OBD0 ECUs share the same plugs. Yep, so you can easily run a civic/crx si motor with a 90-91 integra ecu and vise versa. Plug and play.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys for the replys very helpful. so now to just rewire that dpfi to mpfi and i should be all set. if there is anyone else who has done a swap that think s there is anything else i should know feel free.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You will have to use the integra's shifter rods AND you'l have to shorten them both by some 5-6 inches.

Donnie

·
Registered
317 Posts
you will also need the use the throttle cable out of the integra, oh and make a "dent" in the left frame rail to clear the altenator pulley

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i doubt that u do have to do that because i cant find anyone mentioning that anywhere. that is the first time i heard u need shorten the rods. i know u have to shorten the clutch cable. i wanna know to if the stock crx rods would work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I assume you have a learning disability then. Then if you know soooo much, why did you ask the question?

I took a B18A outa a 90 Teg, pulled the D16 out and you know what?

Shifter on a Teg will fit, you simply have to shift it from in the trunk, so, it's your choice, bud.

Yes, you need to cut a section out of the shifter arms so it will fit. Trust me on this.

BTW, it ain't hard.

Donnie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
why u gotta be all stupid nasty for. i said i doubt u do i didnt sayin im sure u dont. i have just never heard that before. and i am wondering if it is possible to use stock shifters. maybe modify them some how.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry,

Yes, use the stock integra shifters, but modify them by shorting their length to fit.

IS that better?

Donnie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.