Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still can not figure out why my car will not start. Everything is hooked up right. There shouldent be any wiring differences becuase i have an si, the engine is good. Has anyone ever done this swap before?

· Registered
359 Posts
Is the engine firing?
I would first check the ignition system to make sure everything is ok. if everything checks out i would then go to the fuel system to make sure everything is alright there. Fuel pump, relay, cicuit, and fuel lines. If you don't find a problem there get a haynes manual for your car and another for the car that the engine came from.

I will be attempting this swap within the next couple months. I will be using the integra wiring harness though. I was fortunate to by the whole car for just $300. It wouldn't run because the fuel pump is messed up. hope I have been some help.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
do not use the integra harness unless you like headaches....the HF/SI harnesses swap right over, there are only 2 differences, 1 is the EGR (integra does not have it UNLESS it was an automatic), and 2 the oil sending light plug (i think thats what it does).....other then that the other harnesses swap right over........like he said if its not starting then you need to see if you are getting spark, if you are then its a fuel problem, if you are not then thats obvious..........did you check your main relay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.