Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my mind changing for all motor

how can i get more torque? bigger bore? higher compression like 11 or 12's?
since b18 has smaller bore than b20 does, far as i know all motor needs higher compression and better flow in the head like port and polish the exhaust ports? sorry for bad grammars any input will be appericated

· Registered
4,633 Posts
If you're already looking at doing a hybrid motor, you might as well go with a B20VTEC. If you search that term, you're gonna find lottttttts of stuff.

Check this link out, should get your creative juices flowing (Thanks to Rank for the find): How to build a "RELIABLE" lsvtec/b20vtec guide. - B20Vtec.Com...... B Series and Beyond

You can play with some online Honda compression calculators as well to see what different piston/head setups in/on the B20 block will give you.

You'll want upped compression and big cams. Port and polish can help squeeze out a few more horsepower if a specific horsepower number is a goal of yours.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
yeah why waste your time with a b18a head on a b20? resleeve the b20 block, get a gsr head, polish the exhaust ports, do a nice i/h/e combo, etc, etc. get a nice set of forged pistons while you're at it and some skunk2 stage 2 cams. tune the fuck out of it

· Registered
4,633 Posts
There's so many variables to the cost of a build.

Raw parts cost (check eBay and go by that, plus shipping costs)
Installation (are you doing it yourself? Mechanic? Do you know their hourly rate?)
Tuning (have you found a dyno/tuner? Do you know both of their hourly tuning rates / flat dyno fees?)

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
not really 4 bangers arent really the problem i say anything under 2L
no it's 4 bangers. if you want nice balanced all motor platform. you need atleast 6 cyliners pref inline-6 or v-12. you can get revs and nice tq on or a nice v8 like an ls-series motor. but fuck all motor 4 cyls. to much work for such little gains but that's just my opinion. i can't justify spending 10 grand on a motor just to compete with other mid-level stock motors

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Hold the phone, you had an all motor 4 banger?????? Do tell, do tell...:lol2
i didn't have alot of work done to it, but i had a a gsr teg.....2 actually. used to think it was so fast too even with mods. then i got a turbo 240 that didn't even run right at the time that would've smoked the shit out of either teg. i/h/e to gain like 12 peak whp is pathetic. then i road in a 180whp built b18c1 and my boy now has a 196whp all motor teg. the vid is on my facebook. even fully built that shit is no fun to drive. no power below 5 k rpms etc. n/a = non-applicable

· Registered
430 Posts
no it's 4 bangers. if you want nice balanced all motor platform. you need atleast 6 cyliners pref inline-6 or v-12. you can get revs and nice tq on or a nice v8 like an ls-series motor. but fuck all motor 4 cyls. to much work for such little gains but that's just my opinion. i can't justify spending 10 grand on a motor just to compete with other mid-level stock motors
.... you have a point but i did see an all motor mitsu run 12's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.