What do you think about this setup?

B18B
J.E. 9.5 CR
TURBO CAM
SK2 S&R'S
TD04E TURBO
P&P HEAD (maybe stage 2)
(Looking into the valves)

What do you think that I should do to the bottom end? I was hoping to run 12lb boost... How much boost do you think that the bottom end can take since I have heard that the LS/Rods are pretty strong.. I am looking to hope to take it up to 20lbs..

Also, I will be getting the motor pretty soon.. I have been searching but, I am still puzzled to know what all do I need to do this kind of swap.. I have read that the mounts all line up but the fornt stabalizer mount wont.. This will be going into a 94 Civic Cx HB...

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
your stock bottom end will not hold 20 lbs of boost, maybe 10.

·
Registered
111 Posts
do it right or dont do it at all....spend the money for the rods at crower or eagle you wont regret it

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H-Beam? What about the wrist pins and all?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Transparent said:
on my block alone Im looking to spend $3000+ and my head (including machining) is gonna be around the same. big boost costs more than just the turbo kit

That was not really what I was saying, I was just looking to see what has to be done to the bottom end in order to get the boost levels up to 20lbs... I am going to go stronger wih the bottom end, but I may even run lower boost... I think alone with this kind of swap going into my civic cx, I will be in the 13's anyways, due to my weight... I am looking to get into the lower 12's later on....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea ls motor are better to handle turbo....well I really recommand to change rods and pistons. Also you should oversize it...like maybe 20 thousandths over...making it a 1.9L...Plus it's better for the turbo..Just make sure who ever is doing the rebuilt knows what they are doing......Make sure they do all the measurement....If got any more question, write back...

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Transparent said:
on my block alone Im looking to spend $3000+ and my head (including machining) is gonna be around the same. big boost costs more than just the turbo kit
you telling me this like I don't know...:lol

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
pshhh pssshhhh

·
Registered
884 Posts
Like they have all said a good build won't be cheap. I'm only shooting for 300-350whp, nothing too crazy, but I'm just doing a mild build: forged pistons/rods, balanced rotating assembly, mild headwork just to clean out the casting, a set of cams similar to the crower 402T, t3/t04e (hopefully) and the necessary management and tuning. That's all my budget will allow for now, that's why I'm calling it my "Budget LS" project. Hope this will give you an idea. Also, it's been mentioned here before, don't build for PSI, build for HP, you'll be much better off.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Whoopie, boost to 12k running a little turbo I'd assume, and the more you bore the engine out the more your throttle response will go down, or so I've heard. With boost none of you will need to rev to 12k because your power will begin to drop around 9000rpm anyway and thats assuming you have LS/VTEC which you don't. You might need to rev to 8000rpm but thats it.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Whoopie, boost to 12k running a little turbo I'd assume, and the more you bore the engine out the more your throttle response will go down, or so I've heard. With boost none of you will need to rev to 12k because your power will begin to drop around 9000rpm anyway and thats assuming you have LS/VTEC which you don't. You might need to rev to 8000rpm but thats it.
little turbo? :hehe destroking the motor is just one of the ideas Ive been kicking around with my buddies. the guys at golden eagle said they'll do it for me if I want them to. since they're gonna have my block there for a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts