Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which cams would everyone say be better for the JRSC? My motor is fully built..fully ported and polished head, 10:5:1 compression, forged bottom end.

All motor it makes 189 hp and 145 ftlbs on a dynapack.

Im going to boost it with a JRSC and wondering if I should leave the 404 in there or swap it out for a JG 301 cams. What do you guys think??

Crower spec
lift 445 intake 434 exhaust
duration 299 intake 291 exhaust

JG 301 spec
lift 417 intake 408 exhaust
duration 274 intake 250 exhaust

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt get a chance to run at the track, but I would say around 14.0-14.5 in the 1/4.

Its actually was in my car. I just recently took my charger apart to work on the S-tube and polish the manifold.

I was boosting it at 12 psi and it was running way too hot. I had too much heat soak. Timing was retarded a lot. I was able to push out 217hp and 171 ftlbs on the dynapack with the same tuner for 189hp.

Its sad to see only 30hp and 25ftlbs with 12psi. I know there is something wrong and one of that area could be cams, besides the heat soak issue. Thats why Im wondering which cam to use.

After working on the charger Im planning on reducing the boost level to 9psi and also inject water/methanol 50/50. The tuner said if I was able to get some race gas or a way to reduce heat soak that I could gain another 30hp. I will be content with 250hp and oh say 180ftlbs?

Im just asking around to get some opinions before I put the charger back together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PickleTeg said:
LHT!!!! The guy I got mine from was running a stepper pulley and a CRV pulley and saw almost 10 psi. His intake temps were about 70 degrees lower on the the dyno then your normal B18b.

Yeah I would like to get one too, but wow you got such a good deal on your manifold. If I could find a deal like yours I will jump on it right away. It was $600 right? What a deal.

Thats the exact setup I have right now too. Stepper pulley and CRV crank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.