Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say someone PLEASE help me. I have posted this numerous times on **********, and **************** and have got no where.
First off my car is a 97 civic cx hatchback. The motor that Im using is a JDM b18b with gsr trans. Im currently running a Phearable.net p06 chipped ECU using no o2 sensors and i forget what other sensors he eliminated.
Anyway right after I got the swap done it was all good, after it was done a little bit after I was headed to work and the car shut off with the CEL on. It came back a code 8 and 9. Which is CYP sensor and TDC sensor. So i replaced the dizzy, about 1000 miles later it did the same damn thing with the same codes. Now mind you it WAS wet out both of these days. The first day it snowed and the snow was melting. The next time was the same thing. After that I had to wait to get another dizzy. It was covered under warranty So i had to send it in to get another. Mind you its been less than 30 days inbetween since both went.
Now that My brand new one went I sent that back in, but installed the original dizzy that "went" the first time. Put it in the car and it would not run right. It would take for ever to start, when it did start it would revv by itself, hit 4k then shut off with the same 2 codes. After that I went over every single wire that I changed from the stock d16y7 motor. The only wires i changed were the o2 sensor wires, and the IACV swap. I totally removed the o2 sensor wires, sealed them up. Then checked over, removed, re-soldered and sealed up the other wires. Checked my wires at the ecu and when i started it up it ran fine :confused . I have been driving it trouble free until today. On my way home it kinda felt a little weird when i left work. About 5 miles from my house the CEL came on, and about 1 mile from my house again it totally shut off. I let it sit and got home.

Now can someone please help me try to figure what the hell is going on? Again today it rained. So apparently im having some kind of short or something, but exactly where I dont know. I dont even know where to start.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
like you said in your post, i think you have a shorted wire somewhere, its probably one of the wires associated with the sensors that are giving your CEL's. if you dont already, i would invest in a helms manual. there are step by step instructions in there that will help you find the problem. my $.02
quikflip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just looking at them trying to find the PDF but couldnt. I have a civic and integra Chilton but they suck terribly.

I just pulled my wiring harness out and was going to get a junkyard one, but figure I might as well test out the wire first. As long as i have a ohm meter i should be able to test the wires to make sure its not a short right? Although it only does it at certian times and not all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts