Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 two door civic and i want a fast car that is streetable and i can't decide if i should go with a b18b with a turbo or a b18c5 and go all motor. i have heard that a b18c5 with a turbo isn't i good idea so i don't know what to go with....any opinions?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The B18C5 is fine with boost if you lower compression, I say B18B with a turbo though. You will have alot less invested and get more gains out of it plus you will have what is most important and that is tq

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i go with the b18b with boost the compression should be ok or will i have to lower it....i haven't read anything that would suggest that the compression would be to high for boost

·
Registered
582 Posts
Put it this way. I have a B18C EK hatch. it's fast, I love it. I also have a friend with an Integra (B18B) turbod and 10PSI. He would walk all over me in a streight line. I am a better driver and would win on a road corse.

if I had it to do over I would go B18B Turbo

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
96civic3door said:
A bone stock B18B with a correctly designed turbo setup and tunned correctly can put you in thw 250 to 275whp range.
werd.

B18C5CRX4ME said:
Put it this way. I have a B18C EK hatch. it's fast, I love it. I also have a friend with an Integra (B18B) turbod and 10PSI. He would walk all over me in a streight line. I am a better driver and would win on a road corse.

if I had it to do over I would go B18B Turbo
werdageness x2

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
mucivic said:
Do you disagree?
lol I just agreed twice.

A b18b turbo should produce 220-250whp at least safely....as well as an equal amount of wheel torque.

A b18c5 will produce maybe 180-195 hp if you are lucky and shit for torque.

Do the math...which is better?

:p

:ninja

1 - 16 of 16 Posts