Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's an LS motor right? I want to run it in my Civic with a manual, I can get the motor for 550 without ecu and tranny, is that a good price for only 47k miles on it? I wonder how fast I would be with that...

·
Registered
422 Posts
the LS motor has more HP and TQ than your EX motor - with the DOHC non-vtec motor - dont expect anything faster than a 15.7 i think...am i in thr wrong here anyone contradict me or back me up?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It will make decent power compared to your EX motor. Expect mid to low 15's. With a GSR tranny you might be able to dip into the 14's.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Very fast?

My friends 92 vx hatch, with a b18c1 and a zex kit, along with everything else done, runs a high 13. which may be irrevelant ... but im sure it will be quick, but not that fast, unless turbod. it will definatly be faster then what you have now.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
550 is cheap, but you're going to start having dreams about DOHC vtec and the head and upgrades will cost you as much as a b16a would have cost you from the get-go. Gotta have v-tec and why not DOHC. Of course if you go forced induction that's a different story.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
this swap is useless unless you plan on turbo......blackhatchb16 is right 15.7 if not slower..........if you do this swap....DO NOT do an LS-Vtec unless you change to a CTR crank and rods, that way you would have a much safer R/S and what you would have on your hands is a De-Stroked CTR motor with a big bore....which would be fucking amazing for turbo, due to the fact that destroked motors have lower compression, and when they are turbo'd they will rev faster then shit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts