Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey non riceboy's, I have a question , I am almost ready to put my b18c in my sol, (it's built) I hear I need a shift linkage from a del sol vtec. is it true?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bore the walls before new pistons?

I am hearing I need to hone the cylinder walls before I put new pistons in, is it true, if so I need oversized pistons. that sucks.:mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm in the same situation man, only I already got the civic type r oversized pistons. I wanted to go with the standard bore but no one had them in stock. I didn't know that with the standard size you have to bore the block as well. Oh well guess I made the rigt decision. The guys at skunk2 said that if you bore the block, oversized pistons provide a better seal for the compression ratio.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: Bore the walls before new pistons?

94gsrsol said:
I am hearing I need to hone the cylinder walls before I put new pistons in, is it true, if so I need oversized pistons. that sucks.:mad:
hone is to clean the cylinder walls, no need to go oversize but if you bore then you will have to go oversize.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.