Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shop has a B18C1 longblock for sale for $800. It has 70k on it, and is all stock. I had him do a leak down test, and 3 of the cylinders wer 1-2%. One cylinder was 12%. Im worried about this. He said it could be because it has been sitting for 2 months and the oil has drained into the pan, and it could need a valve adjustment. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i dont think that if the oil all dropped to the pan, that that would cause a leak. because if you leave your car out for a couple of days, the same thing would happen. i would see if they could listen to where the air is coming out from and get it fixed, and then buy it. or you could see if you could bargain it alittle lower for that possible. juss my .02
quikflip

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of days is different from 2 months. And as soon as you turn it over, you would re-oil the cylinder, and have good compression again. Im going to have him adjust the valves to see if the numbers wont get any better. I hope it isnt rings.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Considering if he did a leak down test correctly were he would test each cylinder at TDC, a valve adjsutment would not have to do anything with bad numbers.

Gap between the lifters and the valves would increase over time, not magically decrease causing a partial valve opening unless it was not done properly the first time around.

just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts