Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the B18C type R, is the block stamp say B18C R? Or does it just say B18C just like the JDM GSR engine? If it does say B18C, is there any other way of distinguishing the JDM Type R from The JDM gsr blocks from the outside?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine says B18C5 if that helps any ... I think the JDM is B18C7 or just B18C.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the JDM ITR engine. I was wondering if it says B18C or have a different block stamp cause the JDM GSR block stamp says B18C also.

·
Registered
372 Posts
ok ... my bad ... I'm pretty sure it's B18C6 or 7 after 1996.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
NO! a jdm type r says B18C, though i have NEVER seen one i can vouch for that info do to the fact that i roll with extremely knowledgeable pple and shops, if u feel i am wrong, well, im not sayin im 100 percent rite.........'C5 is usdm, that is correct, 'C1 is around the 94 or 95 gsr, 'C is jdm typ r

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
The JDM version is only stamped with B18C so only way would be either...

A. Intake Manifold is different I do believe.
B. The B18C SpecR has a b16 head on it and is stamped with PR3.
c. The SIR-G (GSR) has a GSR head on it and is stamped P72

I think that is the differnces. But I think that only USDM motors have a number on the end of hte Integra engines...I.E. B18C5 and B18C1 for Type R and GSR while the JDM ones just are stamped B18C.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Nguyen said:
The JDM version is only stamped with B18C so only way would be either...

A. Intake Manifold is different I do believe.
B. The B18C SpecR has a b16 head on it and is stamped with PR3.
c. The SIR-G (GSR) has a GSR head on it and is stamped P72

I think that is the differnces. But I think that only USDM motors have a number on the end of hte Integra engines...I.E. B18C5 and B18C1 for Type R and GSR while the JDM ones just are stamped B18C.
the jdm motors have numbers on em too, like a b16a1
well they have a2 a3 a4 i dont know how many though, but it signifies either year or exactly wich motor for wich car, like civic si r etc etc,

your a - c sounds like highly respectable answers though and most likely i will quote dem, and will use them for my own intellectual self gratification, thank u

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So there is no real way to determine if you have a genuwine JDM ITR motor unless you check the pistons and bottom internals?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yellowd16 said:
the jdm motors have numbers on em too, like a b16a1
well they have a2 a3 a4 i dont know how many though, but it signifies either year or exactly wich motor for wich car, like civic si r etc etc,
The B16A2 is from a 99-00 Civic Si. The B16A3 is from a DOHC VTEC del Sol. The number behind the last letter primarily signifies head and head flow for the USDM cars.

The JDM engines don't have numbers after them. B16A and B18C. Just look at the head code to see if your engine is JDM ITR or not. You could always pull the oil pan off, pull the windage tray, rotate the crank and take a look at the codes on the rods. That'll tell you too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts