Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im probably gonna get a USDM B18c1 and swap it into a 96 civic. I would rather get the USDM B18c5 but.......... i dont really want to fork out another 1.5 grand. So my question is what are all the differences between the regular B18c and the type R. Im asking for a list of all the parts that are different, if anyone could come up with one. Basically, I would like to make the regular b18c into a type R engine. Also, how much would it cost to make it equivalent to the type R, and will it just be cheaper to spend the extra money for the type R motor instead?
thanx~

· Registered
7 Posts
If you put the same amount of money into a GSR, as you would with an b18c5, you can make it have more horsepower!

Go with a b18c1.

The b18c5 has smaller combustion chamber, making it have a higher compression, which leaves the GSR room to make more power when equipped with b18c5 pistons.
Integra Type-R also has a port and polish job done to it, which is another area that cannot be improved.

Buy a GSR and save your money for bolt-ons or use it to make more hp than a type-r, even though theyre alot better for bragging rights.
:D

· Registered
20 Posts
i would definitely go with the b18c1. a type r b18c5 would be a good choice only if you wanted to drop it in and do nothing else but maybe i/h/e. it has a higher compression ratio, wilder cam, supposedly better flowing heads, and a different intake manifold. superlax is right about the money issue. for the amount you would spend getting the type r, you could do some serious work to the b18c1. but, if you're one who'd just like to get a sweet engine under the hood and be done with it, get type r.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ight.. that sounds better anyways. I didnt really want to spend the extra money on the type R engine. Regardless of which one i bought, i would still buy all the bolt on's as well as either a turbo or sc. The difference would be how long until I was able to get enough money to buy all those bolt ons. Also, do you think its worth it to get the motor ported and possibly bored out?

· Registered
7 Posts
A port and polish would be well worth the money on a b18c1 in my opinion.

Its just one more thing to bring up the horsepower to the type-R standards.

Another reason for going GSR is so you will have the option to turbo or supercharge, in which case go Turbo. You will end up not satisfied with the money you spent compared with the increase in HP with a supercharger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.