Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saved enough to get a GSR swap on my 96 civic DX (should be done next week). I was just wondering how adding mods works on swaped engines... I want and have enough for a AEM Cold air and DC 4-2-1 SS but was wondering which one to order, and if they will have to be custom installs because of the different engine and layout.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have the stock GSR manifold then you will need a CAI for a GSR. The Type R or SI one won't work since the stock intake manifold on a GSR sits so low. If you went ahead andeither got a Skunk 2 manifold or a type R mainifold the you could use the other ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the process of doing the gsr swap into my 00 civic cx. I found that aem makes a hybrid intake for the b18c into the 96-00 civic. retail is around 215-250. As far as the headers go you are going to need to get a the gsr headers, and a custom exhaust, cat will need to be replaced with aftermarket if you so choose.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Get an ebay short ram and put a AEm dryflow filter on it. With your setup your not going to get any extra power from a 200 dollar intake. If your internals are all stock just get the intake, a dc 4-1 jdm header, and a catback. You can leave the cat stock your not going to get any hp from a highflow cat you'll just make your car sound raspy. Other than that get some ITR cams and you dont need to do anymore mods until you build the bottom end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.