Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is thinking about a new engine swap on his 92 EG shell. He has narrowed it down to two motors. The ITR and the RSX-S. He's not sure which one is better than the other, and neither am I. He asked me to help him out and get information because i once told him about how there was this forum(superhonda) that specifies in those subjects, and are extremely helpful. So, I am posting this thread to find out what you fellow members think of this question; ITR or RSX-S engine? If you've got an opinion, please post it. It would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks.
Your fellow superhonda member

·
Registered
447 Posts
the K20a has more power, more torque, more displacement, and in my opinion more potential, also because more technology

the problem is, its a bitch to swap in, expensive for the motor, expensive and a bitch to tune all that technology. def possible but still can be a pain.

if your friend has the money for the k20 and the kits to swap it in to def go for it. better engine, def more pimp factor

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8 - 10 G's?!?! is that canadian or united states dollars?? If u guyz had the cash, what would u guys go for? a stock K20a, or a build up B18C5? actually, i don't know if u can build the whole ITR with the same amount u would spend for the K20a. Don't ITR's run for like 3500 - 4500 us dollars for a full swap? snoopy, u said the other choice was a GS-R? wat would u guyz do? :confused

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
$8-10k US dollars. thats just a rough estimate i came up with when adding the cost of everything needed to get the swap done. most of what i know deals with the b series. the k is a whole new family im still learning about. i'd stick with a b18c1 and build an all motor beast.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
t-boned eh'??? :eek ouccccch.. organ donor.. ahhaha funny shiet'... anyways, u guyz stick to the gs-r eh'? a while back... i seen this vid of a modified (i think...) gs-r tegg against a EG hatch with stock K20a.. pretty impressive.. the EG smoked the modded gs-r.. my friend, this foo is loaded.. one of them rich stupid "blond" kids u know? i dunno if u guyz seen that video, its on SHO, its just something to think about... anywayss, i appreciate the input from u guyz.. thanks alot for that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohh shiet, i forgot to finish the part about my buddy, he.. just wants a fast car and something he can bragg about.. he makes his decisions and actions from what he has seen u know? like he seen the vid too and he thought that the K20a was crazZzy... if u guyz had cash, would u guyz not prefer the ITR? cuz thats what i told him...

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
tell your friend to get suspension first.......then attend one of these:

www.autocross.com/evolution

he'll have a better appreciation of how to drive over having a fast car in a (boring) straight line.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yeah....a big factor of going in a straight line is the car itself....whereas going around corners is more driver skill. straight line stints are boring and too short. why do you think all the big name racing video games are w/ road courses...because drag racing is boring :hehe

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I dont really know where the 8k to 10k price comes from

K24(tsx) arounf $2500
K20 head,im,ecy,tranny $1000 to $1500
Mounts around $400
Axels around $300

that's around $5000 so basicly the same price as most your C5 swaps plus you have a 2.4 Type R swap with around the same power/tq of the S2000

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have copied this from k20a.org:
"TSX motor $1850 shipped New
Ep3 alternator and starter $120
Ep3 tranny $500
rsx type s engine harness $150
rsx type s manifold $100
rsx type s TB $200
rsx type s axles $100
B series axles $80
Fuel crap $250
misc crap $200 (bolts, betls, gaskets, fluids etc..)
Mounts $500
Wiring -Free _Learn how to read
Honda K pro $900
Header $1000 DTR-FAB 4-2-1
--------------------------------
$around $5900 for a 2.4 L all motor swap that dynoes 220whp at 6900 with more torque than any other b/h/k in stock form.

Notice how the $5900 includes one of the best headers and the best engine management system for k series right now."

His list is a little off on some points but otherwise is correct for the price range. However this all depends on your level, or your friends level of experience with swaps, a K swap is not, I repeat is NOT a noob swap. However also of note is the use of the tsx k24 instead of a k20a, The k20a2 has much more potential in the long run over a tsx engine however this individual is doing the latest frankenstein k24 block plus k20 head..

My point is this, the K series will kill a B series. However the b series will be a much easier swap to accomplish. As a parting gift to superhonda I may do a tech report compairing the b series to the k series, depends on how much time I have. Over all If you know what your doing K series, if your new B series. And no im not sure why he listed b series axils in his list. Also spare yourself the header you may gain 3whp from it but I doubt it. K-pro is the best thing he listed.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
sorrow said:
I have copied this from k20a.org:
"TSX motor $1850 shipped New
Ep3 alternator and starter $120
Ep3 tranny $500
rsx type s engine harness $150
rsx type s manifold $100
rsx type s TB $200
rsx type s axles $100
B series axles $80
Fuel crap $250
misc crap $200 (bolts, betls, gaskets, fluids etc..)
Mounts $500
Wiring -Free _Learn how to read
Honda K pro $900
Header $1000 DTR-FAB 4-2-1
--------------------------------
$around $5900 for a 2.4 L all motor swap that dynoes 220whp at 6900 with more torque than any other b/h/k in stock form.

Notice how the $5900 includes one of the best headers and the best engine management system for k series right now."

His list is a little off on some points but otherwise is correct for the price range. However this all depends on your level, or your friends level of experience with swaps, a K swap is not, I repeat is NOT a noob swap. However also of note is the use of the tsx k24 instead of a k20a, The k20a2 has much more potential in the long run over a tsx engine however this individual is doing the latest frankenstein k24 block plus k20 head..

My point is this, the K series will kill a B series. However the b series will be a much easier swap to accomplish. As a parting gift to superhonda I may do a tech report compairing the b series to the k series, depends on how much time I have. Over all If you know what your doing K series, if your new B series. And no im not sure why he listed b series axils in his list. Also spare yourself the header you may gain 3whp from it but I doubt it. K-pro is the best thing he listed.
now that i have a job im gonna start saving for that swap. my friend is very close to starting the same swap soon. :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
My prices may be a little off but I just wanted to state it is not as expensive as many think it is :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.