·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 2.3 vtec is generally not a very popular swap because of the little gains for the work, but if you want go ahead and post your 2.3 vtec stuff here thats cool

·
Registered
8 Posts
im totaly new to the rod stroke of the LS, well from what i have read its pretty bad RS to rev up to 8,000rpm. But isnt having a bigger engine have someting to do with the rod stroke, like LS has more stroke than the grs therefore has a tiny bit more liters than the grs engine. So if im correct the new engines from the RSX have a 2.0 liter which is way bigger than the LS 1.8L have much worst rod stroke than the LS? But the RSX-s can safely rev higher than 7000rpm, right? Can some one please clear this up with me.. thanks for replys:confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're somewhat correct, there are two ways to make more displacement, longer stroke and wider bore, the r/s ratio on the LS isn't great and is actually worse on the B20 but that just limits how high you should rev, and both these engines make most of their power in the low end anyways. If the rod ratio still depresses you but you want torque try slipping bigger sleeves in a GS-R, or boring a B16 to 86mm brings the displacement up to about 1.8 and leaves you w/ the 1.74 r/s ratio of the B16 which is nearly perfect

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there shouldn't be a problem w/ the tranny, but obviously its not going to be as fast on a automatic tranny

·
Registered
105 Posts
b20z rule

i did my research on the b20 over the ls and i have had mine for almost a year now i take it to 8000 at the track and i go pretty often. i am building one for about 25-30 psi now but i will never forget my stock b20 it is the best set up i am havve ever had and i have been throught them all b16s b18c except a h22 and i have no desire to go down the road... that is just my 2 side of the b20

·
Registered
97 Posts
absolutmugen said:
you're somewhat correct, there are two ways to make more displacement, longer stroke and wider bore, the r/s ratio on the LS isn't great and is actually worse on the B20 but that just limits how high you should rev, and both these engines make most of their power in the low end anyways. If the rod ratio still depresses you but you want torque try slipping bigger sleeves in a GS-R, or boring a B16 to 86mm brings the displacement up to about 1.8 and leaves you w/ the 1.74 r/s ratio of the B16 which is nearly perfect
Do you have to do both inorder to increase your displacement or say if you just bore over to a say a 2.2L does that mean you're a 2.2L or do you have to stroke as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
JUN Civic said:
Do you have to do both inorder to increase your displacement or say if you just bore over to a say a 2.2L does that mean you're a 2.2L or do you have to stroke as well?
It depends. Think of a measuring cup, one that is a perfect cylinder. If you add more liquid to raise the water level, that's like adding stroke, if the cup gets wider, that's adding bore. Either way, you'll get more displacement by increasing either one. A .20 over or .30 over isn't gonna mean much though, not as much as increasing by the millimeter. Also note that an extra mm of stroke isn't going to yield as big an increase as a mm of bore, because of the formula. (pieR2 * stroke)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: b20z rule

turbob20ek said:
i did my research on the b20 over the ls and i have had mine for almost a year now i take it to 8000 at the track and i go pretty often. i am building one for about 25-30 psi now but i will never forget my stock b20 it is the best set up i am havve ever had and i have been throught them all b16s b18c except a h22 and i have no desire to go down the road... that is just my 2 side of the b20
So everything in your block is stock. Do you have the jspec B20 or usdm? I just got a b20 longblock for my gsr head. My head has been shaved by JGenginedynamics(Redline package) would you anticipate any issues from this change in height?
Also are there anythings you encountered combining the VTEC head w/the B20 block that I can anticipate(troubleshoot)?

·
Registered
114 Posts
6 Speed cl~S said:
so all yu have is a b20/vtec turbo...with all stock internals???...pushing 300 horses!!! das amazing! and it pulls 12's :eek:
Often revs to 8k, ARP rod bolts at least? Do you have jspec or usspec b20b or b20Z? I have the B20b and I am going to have a stock block setup w/my gsr jg shaved head and would love to rev to 8k w/out worries. Is there any secret to this or advice that could help me on my current project? Appreciate your input.The b20b's rev limit is set at 6200 from the ecu and the z6800. Are there any notable differences?

·
Registered
27 Posts
???

confuse...okay i plan to do an ls vtec swap using my b18 block on my 90 inetgra and putting a b16 head.....i knwo i have to prep the block and all///install my knock sensor ....get an ecu for the head to work...

what about when i'm getting my block rebuild...how much should i bore it? if i'm using just regualr b18 pistions(stock) and what abotu my stroke..i knwo all those counts but i dunno what's the best and all?...can some help me......i'm willing to spen at least 5 grand or 6 if needed....i don't care if i could have used that money to buy and newer gen of integras...i like gen 2 and also when i have my engine...i knwo i'll love it...
anyways...can you guys give me some tips for bore and stroke when i get my block rebuild as well as is this a good choice of what i'm doing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
confuse

confuse...okay i plan to do an ls vtec swap using my b18 block on my 90 inetgra and putting a b16 head.....i knwo i have to prep the block and all///install my knock sensor ....get an ecu for the head to work...

what about when i'm getting my block rebuild...how much should i bore it? if i'm using just regualr b18 pistions(stock) and what abotu my stroke..i knwo all those counts but i dunno what's the best and all?...can some help me......i'm willing to spen at least 5 grand or 6 if needed....i don't care if i could have used that money to buy and newer gen of integras...i like gen 2 and also when i have my engine...i knwo i'll love it...
anyways...can you guys give me some tips for bore and stroke when i get my block rebuild as well as is this a good choice of what i'm doing?

Report this post

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 97 Civic with a B20B bottom, with aria NA pistons and a shaved Type R head n i dun c ne problems with 8000revs. mines easily revs over 8000. i also have a Unorthodox pulley so dat might make the revs a lil faster and higher

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will an LS ECU start a Gsr and pass emissions?

thanks dude! amazingly my b20 is STILL IN THE MACHINE SHOP!
Right now I'm just trying to get my Hybrid (97gsr in 96EK HB) to pass emissions/inspection. U saw my mods-similar to yours with the big cams. My ECU has been reprogrammed by ERICKS RACING(track use only it seems now) and my freind has an LS obdII and a 2000 civic SI ECU for me to use. Anyone know if they will work..well pass emissions better than my chipped ECU. The chipped ecu is putting out to much Hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide. Anyone been in this situation? Please HElP:confused
I got a week to go back:bh
I've heard a little about immobilizers....should this concern me?
MGN_CTR said:
i have a 97 Civic with a B20B bottom, with aria NA pistons and a shaved Type R head n i dun c ne problems with 8000revs. mines easily revs over 8000. i also have a Unorthodox pulley so dat might make the revs a lil faster and higher

1 - 20 of 36 Posts