Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a B20 block for my integra, i bought it for $300, with the pistons, the crank, and everything. but anyways, i was wondering if anyone has done this setup before. cause i've heard that the block tends to crack after a while, and i've heard this from a few people. if anyone can give me advice, it would help. i want to know if this is going to be a good setup or not.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do? Put your ls head on a b20? b20vtec? Gotta give more info on what your trying to do. And yes b20 blocks tend to crack so resleeving WILL be a good idea. B20's arent cheap builds so be ready to spend time and money if you wanna do it the right way.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
a buddy of mine did a b20 with a b16 head and jun cams..

built up the bottom end and tada 225 hp =P

what do you want to do with the teg? drag? track? etc? more info would be :tu =P

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Try to get your hands on a VTEC head, Type R or a B16 one.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
The sleeves are fragile but with just an all-motor non-VTEC setup I wouldn't worry about it, the stresses aren't that high. I'm a huge fan of B20 non-VTEC and want to do one someday. That's a great price - where did you get it? For all-out drag you may want to go the VTEC route but if you want an awesome daily driver with good punch and great reliability plus much less $$ investment than VTEC the non-VTEC setup is great. With some Crower 403s, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, and good tuning you should be able to hit 165whp and 140wtq... that's barely more than $2k in parts onto your B20/LS to make it even with (if not a little higher than) a B18C5 but with a good 30wtq more... peaking 2-3k lower! And it will still run on 87 octane. :p

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Transparent said:
I just happen to have an ITR head for sale :ninja
lmfao cause your gay and going turbo...traitor. Anyway theres plenty of B20 blocks that have stock sleeves in them and run fine for a good while. Honestly its a better idea to sleeve a B18 than a B20 anyway. But there are plenty of B20 blocks that have strong enough sleeves in them to last. You have to have a block thats in good condition to start with though. I'll be running stock sleeves and I worry about them cracking because its 11:0:1 forged pistons and eagle forged rods etc and it is CR/VTEC...but if the sleeves crack I have an LS block sitting in my garage as backup. I still worry about it though, but I really trust my engine builder and I'm sure it'll be fine. However if you're going to sleeve something may as well be the LS block because it's just easier to do for some reason, the shop that sleeves Joe Demmery's block and a few of my other friends blocks wouldn't sleeve a B20 block with a 10 foot pole if you payed them to do it, I'm not sure why but I'm sure they have their reasons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts