Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just kinda of curious if the B20 crank and rods will fit into a GSR. I'm not sure if the decks are the same height, but i think they're different. I just wanna know so if this is possible. If it is, I can put down alot more torque and the reliability of a GSR block.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The B20 crank can probably be used in a GSR block. But since the B20 has a longer stroke, you will probably also need shorter rods. I believe the B18C and B20 have the same deck height. So B20 rods will also work. Keep in mind that the B20 uses the same crank as the B18A/B18B. And since using this crank will result in a measly displacement increase from 1797cc to 1834cc, I would not bother. You would probably not even feel it. And revvability would suffer since your rod ratio would drop from 1.57:1 to 1.54:1.

The B20 gets the bulk of its displacement increase by using a larger bore diameter (84mm vs 81mm for other B-motors, including the GSR and LS). You could gain quite a bit of displacement on your GSR motor by resleeving it to run 84mm or 84.5mm pistons. This will give you a displacement somewhat over 1900cc with no sacrifice in rod ratio.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The B20 and the B18a/b have the same stroke, but I believe the GSR have a short stroke than those two. This gives the B20 and B18a/b to have more torque.

Somebody told me this would not work because the deck height of the b20 and the GSR have different heights.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The LS and B20 do have longer strokes than the GSR. But I believe they share the same deck height. This helps to give the GSR a better rod ratio. By the way, the LS does not have more torque than the GSR. But the B20 does.

·
Registered
105 Posts
b20 crank

i have a b20 and have spent countless hours researching b20 shit , the b20 crank is the same as the ls on it is a litle heayier duty, whichi would think that means it is less of a performance minded crank then even the ls i know that is will not give you anymore displacement then an ls so if you are doing it just to say you have a b20 crank then go ahead but it will not do much for you if you want a good resource site for b20.vtec stuff try http://www.crvtec.com it has a lot of interesting thing that you may not know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts