1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Is this a guestion?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
b20 vtec alone should do u pretty good in times...the ammount of torque produced by this engine is amazing

to be on the safe saide u need to sleeve this engine, and do internals...or else it will nto last you long at all

so basically if u resleeve and get internals...hell go for a bore and stroke and some engien machining and then worry abotu bolt ons

if u get it reliable with internals, and then engien machining. this engine will be insane

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you

i want to put ctr pistons and change the bearings in the block.. i already have the cams and all the bolt ons... do you think the ctr pistons will help alot or what

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
2.1crx said:
i want to put ctr pistons and change the bearings in the block.. i already have the cams and all the bolt ons... do you think the ctr pistons will help alot or what

whats your obsession with ctr pistons? it will make your compression ratio jump only about .4

if ur looking at b20 vtec and your serious abotu it...here what i would do
b20 block
b16 head
with jdm type r pistons(p72)

with teh block being resleeved, and other stuff done to make it reliable...plus running a gsr tranny or even ur b16 tanny so u dont need to waste any money on a tranny

with ur b16 and ctr pistons ur cr will be at about 10.8 wityh teh set up above it will be around 11.1

a b20 vtec is an amzing motor if done right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts