Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help finding what i need for the swap i have a 94 teg and the motor seized it was a b18c and since i dont have the funds to replace it with the same motor im looking to put a b20b non vtec in it for the time being till i can save enough to put it back in i know the ecu is gonna have to be changed but what else do i need to do to get up and running any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have but i cant find anything on it ive checked and all they say is what problems they have not what they needed i know i need the motor obviously ecu as well since im gonna get the b20 non vtec will i need axles and will i need to change the wiring harness and im going b20 vtec once i get the bottom end and the head built

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
b-series are all the same when it comes to installation. only difference is wiring for vtec. you wouldn't need axles. fyi you don't need to build the bottom end or the head for b20vtec.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know but i dont want the motor blowing at 7500rpm singing to vtec i just want it bulletproof so i dont have to woory about im sure the factory bottom end is strong but it wasnt made for 8200rpm what about ecu i can use a ls one ive seen that a couple of times in other forums

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
i know but i dont want the motor blowing at 7500rpm singing to vtec i just want it bulletproof so i dont have to woory about im sure the factory bottom end is strong but it wasnt made for 8200rpm what about ecu i can use a ls one ive seen that a couple of times in other forums
pm 9400rpms. he has a b20 build and his revs just fine. the stock bottom end on a b20 should be fine to 8200rpms. i'm pretty sure the ls will work since is the same motor with .2 more displacement. won't run the bust but will run.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats tight all i need is shortblock i found the problem to my car why it wouldnt start it was my distributor cap and ignition rotor apparently my rotor broke inside my cap and demolished the inside of the cap and u can imagine why it wasnt sparking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts