Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.... i've spent allllll day trying to find out this problem.

Does a 00, obd2 obviously, b20b have a Crank Position Sensor? This is the sensor that i've seen on every obd2 motor that is down on the bottom of the block by the crank pully.

I've purchased this motor and it doesnt have one... weird... and it was in an EK hatch... running perfectly. I test drove the motor and everything.

the mechanic doesnt remember if he ever disconnected this sensor or not, and with that said, assured me that he had not removed anything off of the block either.

so if what he said is true, and he didnt remove anything... why does this obd2 motor not have a Crank Position sensor?

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i pulled the crank pulley off to see if the oil pump had a notch for where the cps wire should or ran from and there was nothing there. no sensor what so ever.

The guy who had it running in his car was running the motor on a jdm type r p73 ecu.

.... but what i dont understand is if these motors dont have a cps, then why the hell do the local automotive stores offer one for my year model?

Could this be the difference in JDM and USDM motors?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
well i pulled the crank pulley off to see if the oil pump had a notch for where the cps wire should or ran from and there was nothing there. no sensor what so ever.

The guy who had it running in his car was running the motor on a jdm type r p73 ecu.

.... but what i dont understand is if these motors dont have a cps, then why the hell do the local automotive stores offer one for my year model?

Could this be the difference in JDM and USDM motors?

go to google and see if the cps was in the dizzy....i know alot of honda motors came like that. that may help a little. let us know what you find haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.