Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its like this guys i finally got my rex but know i want to hook it up even more i mean i have i/h/e but i want more im thinking of a swap im not sure which one to do i mean i have the money but no clue which one give me your suggestion either b20vtec,b18a,or b16a1 im not sure so give me ur ideas plus im looking forward more to reliability and max horsepower and torque so help me out

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
if u got the $ learn everything there is to know about ur car dont be one of teh guys that goes and pays for everything and cant fix it when it breaks please. if u got the $ id do a crvtec for sure good luck if u have any Q's just ask.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
if you are worried about reliablity then jes go with a gsr swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yo its like this before i bought my rex i found out evrything there could be about the car i wanted u know i mean i have the money cuz i worked hard for it for 2 years so know im looking for a swap u no cuz going show is not my style im into the whole keeping it stock maybe with an sir conversion but what i really want is more performance you get me thats what i want. i mean i no whats up with the b20vtec,b18a,b16a1 etc i just need you guys opinion in what i should do thats all but dont worry man i wont turn out like that i keep it real none of that fake stuff

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
if u know about it all why bother asking us its gonna end up u making the descions. we are just gonna end up arguing about lsvtec vs. crvtec vs. b16a and so on.
do wut u want is wut im getting at.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just do a b16a becouse you will have almost the same hp output as opposed to a b18b just10hp less and if you are doing the swap i do highly recomend using hasport mount kit its damn near the best one out there!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hcarcrx said:
Just do a b16a becouse you will have almost the same hp output as opposed to a b18b just10hp less and if you are doing the swap
see not to be mean but this is wut i meant now if i was to put my 2 cents in like i may, this would go on and on and on....
b16a has 160 hp right crvtec has about 190 or so lsvtec has 180 or so both depending on the head and every other parts used. and teh torque aspect of it b16 is a bit on teh small side and smaller engines=less torque
there is no replacement for displacement cant say it enough.

·
Registered
425 Posts
jdm i do agree no replacement for displacement but have you driven a crx with a h22a? you cant hardly turn it and it just plain sucks to drive it!! now i never have driven a b20vtec but i have read somewhere where the motor is just as heavy as a h22a just my two cents worth but also you can stroke a b16 to a 2.0 and still b a lighter and more hp than a b20vetc!

·
Registered
45 Posts
b16a is the most straightforward swap.
But if you have the cash, go crvtec.
Both are reliable if you drive responsibly and maintain your car.

Just ask yourself...how fast do you want to go? How much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hcarcrx said:
jdm i do agree no replacement for displacement but have you driven a crx with a h22a? you cant hardly turn it and it just plain sucks to drive it!! now i never have driven a b20vtec but i have read somewhere where the motor is just as heavy as a h22a just my two cents worth but also you can stroke a b16 to a 2.0 and still b a lighter and more hp than a b20vetc!
sorry but when did i say h22 thats rediculus to say the least its not a good swap for a ef at all not nessesary either. the b20 isnt as heavy as a h22 either to my knowledge that is. and can make the power the h22 makes. a stroker b16 is also good if u plan on doin alot more work than either teh ls or crvtecs im not condoning the use of lsvtec or the crvtec but they are better than a stroked b16 in my opinion. and stroking to a 2.0 is plain old crazy its like taking a 350 small block and trying to stroke it past a 383 cylinder wall integrity

·
Registered
425 Posts
jdm to my knowedge when you stroke a motor you are replacing to sleaves and crank and the pistons as well as the connecting rods! im not saying bore it 30 over or any thing like that but to replace everything in the lowerend of the motor! ive read a dyno sheet where they saw 215 whp and 164 wtq with a stroked 1.6 to a 2.0 thats pretty damn good to me! not trying to argue with you but thats just my two cents worth!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
but when doing that u change the perfect b16 rod stroke ratio and that lessens engine life probably even less than a crvtec that is built also. the b16 should stay b16 my opinion again why mess with perfection.

·
Registered
425 Posts
right you are changing around some of the stuff but you are getting a longer life span than any outher motor becouse you are getting a billet crank that is balanced and balanced pistons and balalnced rods and new sleaves

·
Registered
798 Posts
CRVTEC barely weighs much more then a B18a/b..... it's really not that much heavier, it won't affect handling.

You can EASILY squeeze H22 power from a B block with it.... insane.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i still say GSR...haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
First off, a H22A weighs more than any of the B series engine period. Second, B20 is just a stroked B18, 20= 2.0 litre 18= 1.8 litre. Ask anyone of the Integra people who know what they're talking about, there isn't much difference in weight they're the same. I don't mean to jump on here and act like I'm an expert, but if you want to end any type of stipulation as to what engine is better, and if indeed you do have the cash like you say you do such as 13k. Give Jeff Schaeffer a call down in Fullerton California at Import Builders or on the net Importbuilders.com Look at the power of the Dominator III package CRVTEC 225 whp as much as 243 same build. The best package you can get. In a Integra with a slight weight reduction 15 or 16's and some aggressive tread high 12's, no weight reduction 13's all day. In a CRX what like low 12's maybe high 11's just a guess on my part. Email the guy and ask him to me he has the best offer you'll ever get.

·
Registered
442 Posts
B20's, B18's, B16's, etc, etc, etc,... (me w/ SOHC)

We have all heard these arguements time and time again...

Go with what YOU want to do, you'll be happier with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts