Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 91 prelude si 2.1 and the motor blew....putting in a 2.0......are the mounts the same? (its my girlfriends car daddys payin for it....so weve got to have a mechanic put it in....he says we need mounts.....the motor is out of a prelude and not from a crv......i havnt talked to the guy yet so i dont know if we just need new ones or differant mounts all together....she shouldve stuck with a civic :D
just playin preludes are alright.

·
Registered
296 Posts
are those both B series engines? if so, i think it'd work. someone call me wrong on this but aren't all B series mounts the same?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are b-series and ive heard that crv b-series and integras arent the same as prelude.....preludes seem to be in there own little world....so are the motor mounts on prelude b-2.0 and b-2.1 the same in the years 88-91? someones gotta know...

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes, it's a direct replacement. all mounts are the same.......

utilize your current intake manifold and exhaust manifold. intake manifold, due to the fact that there are more vacuum hoses on the B21. depending on what year or if it's a JDM B20A (no EGR), is the reason to use the B21 Exhaust Manifold (O2 bung in the y-pipe).

before someone steers you wrong, these are the only motors that are a direct swap for the 3rd Gen. Definitely not as tuner friendly as a civic.

BTW, here's a few pics of mine:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts