Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall my 90 integra LS died on the highway after touching the accelerator in 5th gear and bogging down then eventually died now the car is in my garage and will not start i have spark everwhere it should. and im getting fuel. i think it is maybe a timing problem and the belt slipped but i need help and advice before i go and get an engine swap even though i should with 160,000miles WHAT SHOULD I DO? if you can help in any way thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well I would check your timing your distributor may have been loose and threw it off...... second you may have slipped a tooth on your timing belt....... another possibility is that you fried your ignition module............ are you throwing any codes?? Check engine light?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw haven't checked the codes but how should i go about doing so. so you think my distributer is throwing out funky spark er sumthing infact i have msd ignition that was jigga rigged and has a wirey mess hanging out of the distrib. cap and last month it was have trouble starting so i changed the rotor and it corrected some how but iwould like to take the msd off cuz i think its doing worse the way it is hooked up now thanks for your reply man i need all the help i can get

1 - 3 of 3 Posts