Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just got from honda, got the distributor replaced and had a compression check on my engine and was told that it was the 3rd cylinder running at i think he said 90 psi or 9 or something like that. The tech told me it was more than likely the top side not the bottom that is the problem. said it woudl cost around 500-600 just to send it to the machine shop to look at. and then parts and labor to install what not around 1500 dollars. now the tech told me that if i had my vechicle maintenced at the 30,000 mile intervals that they readjust the valves, the pervious ower has given me the records and she did have it maintenanced during those intervals. now i think my questions is this, is it possible to blame the distibutor to cause me to over rev thus causing me to bend my valve. the tech said it was possible but not likely but possible. my car is 97 prelude type sh i know didn't misshift like previously thought. i did go into 4th but when i over rev and i put it back to neutral it didnt seem like it went in all the way. also the tech said that my engine doesnt sound like my valves were ever adjusted leading him to say that the car has never been serviced. i have all the paper work and records that say its been serviced. you guys think i could get them to pay for it? sorry its so long:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.