Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

2 days ago I decided to put in my FEELS programmed ecu chip in my PW0 ECU. My friend unsoldered the OEM ROM and soldered in an IC SOCKET. I put in the FEELS programmed rom. Turn on the key, the red light (LED) came on and didn't went off. Okay... The engine started well, I drove the car it was ok, rev past 4400 (it should switch VTEC there) and nothing happened... rev past 6000k, nothing, but the check engine light came on. I stopped, stopped the engine, started again, no check engine light, but the same happened all time... I put back the OEM chip and it's okay, no probs... ECU LED goes out after a blink and VTEC came on at about 5500... so is my chip bad ? Or what the f**k?

Please if anyone knows something tell me!

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...
How can I blow it if I put in a socket in the right way ? Anyway... the chip is dead I assume...

·
Registered
467 Posts
So basicly you don't have any proof that this perticular ROM works for your car then ?
Solid light does not mean a toasted ECU. It only means that there is a problem accessing the external ROM and that can be caused only with a bad solder point or bad EPROM chip. In this case the ROM must be defective or is a total rip off.

I can sell you programs for your car, you can tell me exactly what setup you want, fuel delivery, ignition VTEC engagement, rev limiter and I can custom design them for you.

I will open my website real soon because I'm now developing Turbo ROM's and intend to sell them. Email me if you wanna know more.

EPROM chips are crap........get a real fuel management...........
if you have the skills and are good with the tools, you can build your own Hondata system...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I SHALL REPEAT MYSELF....EPROMS ARE CRAP...GET REAL FUEL MANAGEMENT.........DO YOU SEE ANY PROFESSIONAL DRAGGERS RUNNING THEIR STOCK ECU WITH A CHIP IN IT? HELL NO...THEY HAVE REAL FUEL MANAGEMENT.........LIKE I SAID....JUST GET AN SAFC

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sorry man, a SAFC is not REAL fuel management.

Chris

BTW: I know that the solid light doesn't mean that the whole ECU is bad. I simply meant it realizes that something on the chip isn't right. A solid light could be triggered by an invalid checksum, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.