Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 D15B7 with some problems. the motor is strong all the way to 7 grand (usually where i shift when i race) but when at idle after the motor is fully warmed up the rpms pulsate between 500 and 700 or so and i have a very accurate tach! the whole car vibrates when i sit still at idle but if i push the gas ever so slightly it goes away! what is causing this??? and when i first start the car for about the first couple of minutes when the motor is really cold the motor jumps about 500 rpm's. if i let the cluch out in N it goes away!! WTF???? i mean i sit at stop signs and the motor is idling a little above 1000 rpm (the motor is cold) and it jumps to 1500 and then falls down, it does this really fast! can anyone tell me what the problem is???

thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
fastdx87 said:
i have a 95 D15B7 with some problems. the motor is strong all the way to 7 grand (usually where i shift when i race) but when at idle after the motor is fully warmed up the rpms pulsate between 500 and 700 or so and i have a very accurate tach! the whole car vibrates when i sit still at idle but if i push the gas ever so slightly it goes away! what is causing this??? and when i first start the car for about the first couple of minutes when the motor is really cold the motor jumps about 500 rpm's. if i let the cluch out in N it goes away!! WTF???? i mean i sit at stop signs and the motor is idling a little above 1000 rpm (the motor is cold) and it jumps to 1500 and then falls down, it does this really fast! can anyone tell me what the problem is???

thanks!
I'm 99.9% sure your engine isn't bad. It sounds like a idle problem. Try cleaning your IACV, replace all vacuum lines, pcv valve etc. .

·
Registered
478 Posts
coolant bubble can cause this as well.

check for coolant level and burp it. start here first(as its the easiest)

be careful, as mine was doing this and i neglected it...

its usually a prelude to a small radiator leak.

needless to say im NOW doin a headswap do to warping from over heating.

keep an eye on that coolant/oil on these cars over 175k and they will love you forever!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
mine did the same thing, but i just droped a d15b vtec(jdm). i have a good shaved head for the d15b7 if anyone is interested just let me know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vaccum hose

i have a kinked vaccum hose from putting my intake on. should i put a breather on it instead and see if the problem improves???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tune up

the last tune up my car had was about 82,000 miles ago or so the guy said. i am buying a new fuel filter, platinum+2 plugs, new cap and rotor. do u think i should put on a new pcv valve??? should i put my breather on and see if that solves the vaccum problem??? is there anything else i should consider putting on for my tune up??? the car is bogging really bad in low rpm's when i fall out of the power band! how are the platinum+2 plugs??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
????

can anyone answer my breather question???? by the way i already put on new 9mm plugs for the tune up!!!

thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
wow..

wow if i had a dime 4 every time i heard of this prob ide b rich! lol
i have the same problem only not so severe as far as RPM goes.
this is what ive heard it can mostly be: bad IACV[idle air control valve, located on the back of your throttle body] it also could be...bad 02 censor, bad intake manifold gasket[air leak], vacuum leak...
vacuum leaks r easy 2 find, so is intake mani leak, just make sure all the bolts r tight and mabey even but some silicon gasket sealer and smear it around your intake mani gasket. if no of those work possibly bad IACV and/or 02 censor.

·
Registered
382 Posts
there is also something you might wanna try before all of the last poster....most of the time it is the iac (idle air control valve) where he said located on the rear of the intake manifold next to the throttle body....but I have heard of some people having problems with something called a fast idle air valve.....its a 5 dollar valve from honda you can get and it takes about 15 mins to install as far as location I am clueless but it might be something worth looking into because an iac isn't gonna be anything cheap unless you just have something lying around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts