Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 integra LS automatic non *****. I just bought this car about a week and a half ago from a used car dealership, when i first got it the car was fine accept for the fact that when you tried to floor it the car would buckle and not do anything after about 3 seconds of trying to floor it. When i found this out i didnt try to do it anymore. I changed out the sparkplugs and the spark plug wires thinking maybe that was the problem, the spark plugs had motor oil on them and there was oil at the bottom of the spark plug cylinders. It didnt help any but it didnt hurt either. A few days later the car started sputtering a lot and its getting worse and worse. When i first start the car up it will idle at about 1500 rpm's and then after a while it will drop down to below 500 and then sputter and each time it sputters it drops it down to less than 100 rpm's, so low that the a/c cuts on and off each time it sputters when in idle. I do know that the transmission was rebuilt on the car but the car shifted perfectly when i first got it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
did they give you any warranty? take it back ASAP, that thing is a lemon.
you should of not purchased the car if it had the hesitation problem to begin with. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
your air fuel mixture is shot to hell obviously a result of being messed with or not porperly taken car of at the dealership. Theres only two things i can suggest, one take it back under the lemon law or two (depending upon where you live) bring it by my shop.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
midnightracerx said:
your air fuel mixture is shot to hell obviously a result of being messed with or not porperly taken car of at the dealership. Theres only two things i can suggest, one take it back under the lemon law or two (depending upon where you live) bring it by my shop.
wtf. how in the hell does a/f ratio have to do with oil in the spark plugs? sounds more like a bad gasket leak.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
automatics always take a while to take off when you floor it. and when you 1st start a car the rpms are always high until the car warms up. you can try adjusting the screw on the TB to raise the idle up a little to possibly stop the drop down to 100. as for the oil you can make sure the spark plugs are tight and replace the gaskets that go on top of where the spark plugs go under the valve cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.