Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to the shop today and turns out when my tranny blew it broke a peice of the block where the tranny and block bolt up. Im told them to try to weld it back together. if they cant do that im getting the tranny replaced as planned and selling the car. I really dont want to sell the car but i drive hard and its not certain that it will hold up. So how much do you guys think I could get for my car? if i have to sell my car im looking to get another integra or legend but I only have 4K to spend.

oh yea, the car has 120,000 miles and is good condition. engine runs perfect with no problems at all. doesnt even smoke one bit either and doesnt eat any noticable amount of oil.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you have some money why not just drop another engine in there and use theone you have for spare parts? Or you can upgrade the engine get something strong. You dont have to sell the car just cuz the engine is blown buy a new one if you like the car.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
there are lot of cheap automatic teg around and even with low mileage.. it'll give u time to save more for auto to stick conversion.

i'm really sorry to hear about ur car. we all like to drive hard.. haha. let us know wat sup.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my engine is fine. It still runs great but i small peice broke off causing one of the bolts to not be able to hold the tranny to the block. kinda ard to explain. And im going to try to keep my car unless i find a nice teg whitin my price range. I know its just about impossible but Im looking for a 92 gsr. Im off tommorow so ill be car shoping. Ill keep you guys updated.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah this sucks. I doubt Ill find a g2 gsr. I can prolly find a g3 gsr tho. I might get my car back today, Ill let you guys know how it is.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update: Im keeping my car even though one of the bolts that hold the tranny to the block cannot be used. I dont think it will cause a problem but if it does ill be getting a swap. Its just not time for me to let go of my teg.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ruffryder744 said:
thats some good news... glad to see that it worked out for u

thanks man, ill be going to pick it up any miniute now. Im glad I didnt have to sell her. :) I didnt realize how much I really liked my car until I had to try to find another car. I looked for two days and couldnt find anything that compared or even came close. I did find a really nice 92 teg but it was red and had 210000 miles on it. So anyway im just really gald to get my teg back.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got my car back today. runs better than ever. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.