Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i am driving to school yesterday morning and out of the blue... i reach 60 mph and my steering wheel starts shaking like mad. Could the rotors be causing this even if I am not on the brakes? i :bh I know it is not my wheels and tires because a friend and I propped the car up and "drove 60" in his garage and the car began vibrating right around 60.........

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Unless some hardcord damage has been done to the rotor (ie huge chunk knocked out or gouge in it) then no. Most likely a wheel weight came off or it just out of balance.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
spray004 said:
Unless some hardcord damage has been done to the rotor (ie huge chunk knocked out or gouge in it) then no. Most likely a wheel weight came off or it just out of balance.

i'm betting unbalanced wheel on this one... its a harmonic thing, so you wont feel it till it hits the right speed...

·
Registered
964 Posts
if you didnt put everything back in, missing a lug or tightened them up improperly

it could happen, not saying your bad at anything, just trying to help

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
tourhcky said:
Alright, so i am driving to school yesterday morning and out of the blue... i reach 60 mph and my steering wheel starts shaking like mad. Could the rotors be causing this even if I am not on the brakes? i :bh I know it is not my wheels and tires because a friend and I propped the car up and "drove 60" in his garage and the car began vibrating right around 60.........

you took the wheels off and drove it like it was going 60mph?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my friend works for honda and he said it wouldnt hurt a thing so i was like ok..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts