Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

bad something...

715 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lOOkatme 
#1 ·
i have a 96 integra and yes i have a problem. my left front strut keeps blowing. i have no clue what the hell is going on. ill drive for about 10000 miles, and it will all of a sudden start rattling and banging around. none of my other struts have blown or worn out. i have neuspeed race springs, and i realize i need to probably get a performance strut, but why is it only that corner with the problem? the brake pad wears out real fast over on that side too...basically, what the fuck is going on? any suggestions r appreciated.

#2 ·
I do know the most weight on any of the 4 wheels is on that side cause most of the engine is supported by the front left. Also you sit on the left as the driver.

#3 ·
I'd get a mechanic to check out your car...that just doesn't sound right. If you're putting that much stress on the shocks with the Race springs, then I doubt that your extra weight would break the camels back so to speak...besides a good portion of your weight goes to the rear right wheel too, so that would have problems. If the left front brake pad is dying quickly too then there might be something loose or worn. And last, it might just be that the other shocks are blown, but you just notice the left front the most since you're almost sitting right on top of it.

#4 ·
Bampf said:
I'd get a mechanic to check out your car...that just doesn't sound right. If you're putting that much stress on the shocks with the Race springs, then I doubt that your extra weight would break the camels back so to speak...besides a good portion of your weight goes to the rear right wheel too, so that would have problems. If the left front brake pad is dying quickly too then there might be something loose or worn. And last, it might just be that the other shocks are blown, but you just notice the left front the most since you're almost sitting right on top of it.
well I notice that my preludes weight is mostly supported by my front left...where I sit, engine is right over it...and its in front. so the most weight hitting a big pothole in the front under braking could cause some problems...if you hit that front left corner hard going fast while braking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.