Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 629 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys after much thinking about it and deciding that the 7K it would take to make my Accord do 13s isn't worth it I've decided to go over to the dark side, a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD :eek2 , but before you start talking about crankwalk, it has a 6-bolt, so walking shouldn't be a relevant issue. The car already has a stripped interior and I will be putting a very minimalistic interior in it to attempt to make it somewhat street legal and acceptable for the occasional trip. The motor has 72K on it and is de-stroked from 2.0L->2.1L and is pretty boost hungry, I'm looking forward to 12s with very little work and eventually building for a nice GT40R setup (9s?). when I get the car I have some plans already, suspension is among the top priorities as well as checking the timing belt for wear and transfer case gaskets for possible leaks.

now for pictures, btw I said this was a project car and has had the rest of the stock body installed since this picture, I will take more pictures this summer when I get home and am able to work on it. Oh and the price I am paying is $1600.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
well guys after much thinking about it and deciding that the 7K it would take to make my Accord do 13s isn't worth it I've decided to go over to the dark side, a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD :eek2 , but before you start talking about crankwalk, it has a 6-bolt, so walking shouldn't be a relevant issue. The car already has a stripped interior and I will be putting a very minimalistic interior in it to attempt to make it somewhat street legal and acceptable for the occasional trip. The motor has 72K on it and is overbored from 2.0L->2.1L and is pretty boost hungry, I'm looking forward to 12s with very little work and eventually building for a nice GT40R setup (9s?). when I get the car I have some plans already, suspension is among the top priorities as well as checking the timing belt for wear and transfer case gaskets for possible leaks.

now for pictures, btw I said this was a project car and has had the rest of the stock body installed since this picture, I will take more pictures this summer when I get home and am able to work on it. Oh and the price I am paying is $1600.

thats definately a project car.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats definately a project car.
indeed, it may look like shit but I like it better than the Accord. It looks better now because we have all the stock body pieces back on.....doesn't look so much like a POS....though I could always leave it like this to make it look slower :dunno:

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
indeed, it may look like shit but I like it better than the Accord. It looks better now because we have all the stock body pieces back on.....doesn't look so much like a POS....though I could always leave it like this to make it look slower :dunno:
that would be hillarious. I saw one the other day, but it had a bigger turbo and a bov and upgraded exhaust system. thing sounded like a beast and pulled like crazy with this crappy weather here in alaska. awd is definitely awesome...especially when you throw boost in the mix :D

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be hillarious. I saw one the other day, but it had a bigger turbo and a bov and upgraded exhaust system. thing sounded like a beast and pulled like crazy with this crappy weather here in alaska. awd is definitely awesome...especially when you throw boost in the mix :D

oh you can be sure that I will.......count on it...first mod is remapping and upping the stock boost :number1 ....well that comes after getting the motor back in it and getting it running again.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
well guys after much thinking about it and deciding that the 7K it would take to make my Accord do 13s isn't worth it
should have taken you all of about 10 seconds to have realized that

but before you start talking about crankwalk, it has a 6-bolt, so walking shouldn't be a relevant issue.
What about their shitty transmissions?

good luck either way...project cars can be fun..and a pain in the ass

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should have taken you all of about 10 seconds to have realized that
touche'

shitty trans? well I plan on leaving the turbo setup stock for a while (so I don't have to worry about beating the shit out of the transmission from the greater power numbers) and if necessary I will rebuild the tranny.

good luck either way...project cars can be fun..and a pain in the ass
thanks man, I appreciate it.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
touche'

shitty trans? well I plan on leaving the turbo setup stock for a while (so I don't have to worry about beating the shit out of the transmission from the greater power numbers) and if necessary I will rebuild the tranny.

thanks man, I appreciate it.
I've seen near stock dsm's blow apart the diff

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
and I hope your crank does decide to take a walk..traitor :D

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Good luck building that thing up. But, DSM? Arg. I wouldnt be to mad if you went subaru. But, you want to build the thing for drag, so, i guess scobby's wouldn't be that good.

As mentioned before, DSM's have a bad habit of crank walk (you got a 6 bolt main, shouldn't be an issue) and tranny's and diffs going.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck building that thing up. But, DSM? Arg. I wouldnt be to mad if you went subaru. But, you want to build the thing for drag, so, i guess scobby's wouldn't be that good.

As mentioned before, DSM's have a bad habit of crank walk (you got a 6 bolt main, shouldn't be an issue) and tranny's and diffs going.
Well I plan on a small amount of auto-x but will mainly be focusing on drag, the way I see it is that with some preventive maintenance everything should last a while as long as I don't beat the living shit out of it.........I hope anyways.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
Well I plan on a small amount of auto-x but will mainly be focusing on drag, the way I see it is that with some preventive maintenance everything should last a while as long as I don't beat the living shit out of it.........I hope anyways.
you know we all hate you now right?

well..we always did anyway..jsut even more now

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you know we all hate you now right?

well..we always did anyway..jsut even more now
:lol2 , and what did I do to be so deserving of all of this?

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
:lol2 , and what did I do to be so deserving of all of this?
cause you were a douche..and you became an even bigger douche when you went with a dsm:aww

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cause you were a douche..and you became an even bigger douche when you went with a dsm:aww
haha, I never thought I made that impression :rolleyes

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 629 Posts