Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

581 - 600 of 629 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Hmm, nothing exciting, but good for comparison purposes.
It was more to test the quality of the camera at night. I started letting off to shift at about 5-5500 and wasn't flooring it. My current map is very relaxed until you truly floor it. The map I'm putting on is more aggressive all around (+60-75whp minimum).

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #583 (Edited)
Car now has a 4-bolt LSD rear, but being a DSM it is in a constant state of breaking/repair. I'm still trying to narrow down a loose feeling/vibration from the front passenger area. I know my rear motor mount is pretty shot (only one that isn't a poly mount) and that both of my driveshaft carrier bearings are toast. I did not have the loose feeling prior to the coilover install (used but FAR from blown, trust me, speed bumps blow). All suspension tower bolts are tight, spring preloads are set correctly, as are the both bolts to the wheel hub, wheel bearing was recently replaced, and all connecting bolts from motor to trans are torqued correctly. Any input would be appreciated before I start going apeshit on the car this weekend. With any luck I will find out what in the hell is going on with the excessive vibration/loose feeling this weekend.

Also, I finally went WOT on Monday. I am pleased. Car fucking moves. Hopefully I can figure out the issues this weekend.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #584 (Edited)
I found the loose feeling/bad vibration. There are two bolts that go through the trans mount, they were the wrong size. One had backed almost all the way out and the other wasn't far behind it. Some idiot (actually wasn't me) used flywheel bolts (too long) instead of the proper length bolts. I found the proper length bolts, snugged it up, and now I enjoy my AWD massage chair at anything under 2000rpms (poly mounts, no balance shaft). Hopefully changing the driveshaft this weekend to fix my one last little issue before going on the dyno.

Cliffs: Trans almost fell out and it actually wasn't my fault.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
I put polyurethane inserts in the rear motor mount of my Mazda. The whole car would vibrate while idling. Steering wheel, seats, rear view mirror, everything in the door pockets and cup holders.
Yeah, they tend to cause that.

Found out that the gasket from the turbo to outlet pipe had disintegrated (probably several years ago) so I've had a massive boost leak for a long time. I can only wonder what the car feels like now that I've fixed that since I burned up another alternator.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Yeah, they tend to cause that.

Found out that the gasket from the turbo to outlet pipe had disintegrated (probably several years ago) so I've had a massive boost leak for a long time. I can only wonder what the car feels like now that I've fixed that since I burned up another alternator.
Hmm, you're turbo gauge was showing minimal boost too?

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #588 (Edited)
Hmm, you're turbo gauge was showing minimal boost too?
Nah, just spooled later. I'm still on a factory MHI turbo, it will still pressurize the system but has to work much harder. In order for the boost gauge to reflect a leak under load I would have to blow off an intercooler pipe or have a much larger leak.

Also, being on speed density, leaks before the intake manifold affect nothing but the tune (consistency). That being said, the leaks are almost unnoticeable on my setup so far as daily driving is concerned as opposed to a traditional MAF setup. Now that this is fixed I will be able to take the tune further.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
You just need to set that car on fire man. lol.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #590

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
Power issues were due to a botched connection at the ECUs power wire, I soldered that and the ground wire on the primary cooling fan wiggled itself loose tonight. I made the face below and it fixed itself.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Bought a 7-blade Holset HX35 turbo a few days back, should've gotten delivered today but UPS is retarded. If I use the BEP .55 A/R housing (30psi by 3800rpm) I'll spool up almost as fast as my existing e316g, however there won't be enough exhaust flow to utilize the full 60lb/min capability of the turbo. Now if I go with a .70 A/R T3 setup I'll sacrifice a bit of spool for the ability to utilize the full potential. People have made anywhere from 415awhp to 600awhp on this turbo, I figure that 450awhp for a daily is plenty.

In preparation for this I will be doing ARP headstuds and a Cometic multilayer hg in order to put a little bit of a "life insurance policy" on my stock block. I won't be installing the monstrosity for another few months, I have to decide on my exhaust setup and reconfigure the oil lines (feed and return) along with possibly having to go to an N/A waterpipe (no outlets for turbo) because I'm pretty sure the turbo is solely oil fed.

Any input on the exhaust setup is welcome, it may even affect what I do.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Bought a 7-blade Holset HX35 turbo a few days back, should've gotten delivered today but UPS is retarded. If I use the BEP .55 A/R housing (30psi by 3800rpm) I'll spool up almost as fast as my existing e316g, however there won't be enough exhaust flow to utilize the full 60lb/min capability of the turbo. Now if I go with a .70 A/R T3 setup I'll sacrifice a bit of spool for the ability to utilize the full potential. People have made anywhere from 415awhp to 600awhp on this turbo, I figure that 450awhp for a daily is plenty.
In preparation for this I will be doing ARP headstuds and a Cometic multilayer hg in order to put a little bit of a "life insurance policy" on my stock block. I won't be installing the monstrosity for another few months, I have to decide on my exhaust setup and reconfigure the oil lines (feed and return) along with possibly having to go to an N/A waterpipe (no outlets for turbo) because I'm pretty sure the turbo is solely oil fed.
Any input on the exhaust setup is welcome, it may even affect what I do.
Never heard of Holset until now. I would probably have bought a Garrett T25 or T28 out of popularity reasons.
Your package is late probably because of Labor Day.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
My package arrived only one day late, last week, and very broken. Turns out the shitbag sent me a blown turbo. I filed a PayPal claim and just received the news today that they will refund me if I send it back. I'm shipping the paperweight back tomorrow.
T25 and 28 are too small. My current turbo moves more air than either one of those.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Never heard of Holset until now. I would probably have bought a Garrett T25 or T28 out of popularity reasons.
Your package is late probably because of Labor Day.
yeah holset plus 2.0 engine plus bep housing is a sick nasty budget setup

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #596 (Edited)
yeah holset plus 2.0 engine plus bep housing is a sick nasty budget setup
It is but won't be happening for a while, an electrical problem reared its ugly head again (died 3 times tonight at an idle and tried to die twice while driving). Same symptoms as before, except now the car barely wants to start. CEL comes on when trying to restart and goes away a few seconds after it starts or I give up. Checked for DTCs, there are none. Checking connections to the ECU tomorrow. Last time this happened it was a faulty power wire connection to the ECU.

Pretty sure it's not the alternator and instead more wiring because I still had 14v with the high beams on, basically I load tested it. With a 160a alternator having 14v all the time is normal. Going to check voltage at the post just to rule out the alternator. Any comments/thoughts/additional ideas or solutions are welcome.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
Checked wiring, it was intact at the ECU. Had 14.4v at the battery with the multimeter and 14.5v at the alternator post. Changed WBO2 sensor, calibrated it and experienced no change. There was a 15min period where the motherfucker just wouldn't start. I'm running out of options, my next guess is that it is the ECU itself.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
My package arrived only one day late, last week, and very broken. Turns out the shitbag sent me a blown turbo. I filed a PayPal claim and just received the news today that they will refund me if I send it back. I'm shipping the paperweight back tomorrow.
T25 and 28 are too small. My current turbo moves more air than either one of those.
A used turbo from eBay that turned out to be trash, huh. How much did you pay for it? I see a new one is pretty expensive. :fear

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
A used turbo from eBay that turned out to be trash, huh. How much did you pay for it? I see a new one is pretty expensive. :fear
Not from eBay, private seller, was worse than eBay junk. I paid $280 shipped. I should be getting my money back tomorrow when UPS drops it off to the DBag.

581 - 600 of 629 Posts