Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

621 - 629 of 629 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
I got it welded late last week, was smiling the whole way home to put the bumper back on. I even managed to ruin a Corvette owner's day lol.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
Misfired and started running on 3 cylinders a couple days ago. Pulled the plugs to change them because I thought I just fouled them out. Everything is fine until I get to the #4 cylinder, it looked like my block jizzed all over the electrode and threads. Looks like I have a pinhole in the head gasket because when I changed the plugs the problem is gone (temporarily). That being said I'm going to just build a head since I have to take the damned thing off anyway. Build list thus far:

6-bolt ARP headstuds
Cometic STD height .20 over multi-layer head gasket
Manley dual valve springs
STD size one-piece valves (stock is 2-piece)
Titanium retainers
3g lifters (bye bye ticking)
Kiggly OPR
Kelford 264 cams
and all of this is going into a bare ported head.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
does your shit ever run for more than 4 days without issues? lol
You'd be surprised. Decided to go bigger with the cams, picking up a set of FP2 cams later this week. Being OCD and very meticulous with it doesn't help, that being said, there is ALWAYS something "wrong". LOL.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #626

I'm assembling the head today and putting everything together tonight. hopefully the car will be ready to run tomorrow. Can't wait to pick up a couple lbs/min of airflow!

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
looks cleaned up

Car is back together and puttering around. I need to retune for the cams and take advantage of the much larger FP manifold. Already retimed and setup the idle.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
Put on my 3582r last night. Working on getting the tune dialed in. I topped the 16g out at 44-45lbs/min, or 360-370whp, time to make more power.

621 - 629 of 629 Posts