Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

BAR- jacques villenue

818 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  lude1sh 
#1 ·
i have read that bar doesn't want jv for next year.......he should have ditched bar honda a long time ago and joined renault when he had the chance..........

#2 ·
even if he joined renault again they havent been in any differnet of a situation than bar. bar';s problem is that the competition between them and jordan are pushing the technicians from either sides to make rather rash decisions in the sense to beat the other honda powered team. they both have the same issue where the engine/chassis designers do not have enough relation to each other. this is a recognized flaw.
the #1 rumour right now is that jaques will retain his salary for next year and go race for Jerry Forsythe again in america. this rumour wasnt helped out much when this weekend Forsythe was spotted at dinnner with the Bar team boss.
we will see.

#3 ·
The problem BAR has with Jacques is his salary, and the rumour I've been hearing on TV is that he would give up his salary with BAR for 2003, race CART, come back in 2004--when hopefully BAR/Honda have worked out the bugs and Jacques can/will contend for the championship.

Eddie Jordan said Saturday that he holds no ill will towards Honda.He said they were eager helpers in tech advice, hard workers, and professional throughout their tenor with Jordan.I have a lot of respect for "EJ", he's a hard working owner.

#4 ·
Villeneuve shouldn't be in racing...his time was up years ago. His salary is probably why he stays...

LETS look at honda.

Fisichella: seems to be quick but he's getting old

Panis: won in monaco and now what he's old all ready.

Villeneuve: Passed his prime years ago.

Sato: Too much pressure was placed on him.
Merely a pawn for jordan in the honda deals.
Isn't ready for F1 at this time.
I was and still am for sato...but if he
doesn't improve, lights out in 2004 for him.

Button: does show some promise.
Id like to see what he can do with a honda.

Honda drivers seem to be too old, passed their prime, over payed, or just not ready.

jay

#5 ·
Bones said:
The problem BAR has with Jacques is his salary, and the rumour I've been hearing on TV is that he would give up his salary with BAR for 2003, race CART, come back in 2004--when hopefully BAR/Honda have worked out the bugs and Jacques can/will contend for the championship.
A couple months ago a report said that Jacques turned down 3 year $50 million deal from Gerry Forsythe/BAR which includes him return the CART for one year and guarntees him return to F1 in 2004 while BAR develop their car for 2003. But hey, I heard on TV Jacques's manager Craig Pollock was caught talking to Gerry Forsythe at the US Grand Prix. So hopefully the deal's not dead yet.

#7 ·
i dont' think he willl go back to CART either, he sees it as a step back. he will only go back if they say the magic word, "MONEY"

i don't see how if he went to renault would still be the same, they don't have to compete with ppl using the same equipment

#8 ·
JV is old...admit it.

He came in third because other teams fell out, just like irvine, when he came in third cuz benz and beemer were all outta the race.

JV is passed his prime, JV, Irvine, Panis, Fisichella should all leave F1 and make room for younger, and hungrier drivers.

Toyota has got it right. They were getting no results with mcnish or salo and they let them go.

Why would anyone pay 20 million a year to JV, who all ready won a world championship. doesn't make sense. It makes sense to pay Montoya 20 million a year because he HAS NOT won a championship. Simply put he's still hungry versus JV.

I liked villeneuve and followed him in the early and mid 90's his days are done NOW.

jay

#12 ·
That is true, but where is honda in all this...I mean yeah fisichella is scoring points and panis is and also villeneuve, but cmon none of them are STEADY competitors or contenders, that is what matters.

There really is no judge as to how good HONDA really is with these "drivers" behind HONDAS, they need to restructure everything and concentrating with BAR is a wise decision, that is sad to say that they are ditching jordan.

Honda drivers are just spoiled...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.