Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a base 5th gen lude. Dont want the sh so how can i tell the differnt between the two wut do i look for.......the reason im askin cuzz i will be out looking for one tommorw and dont want to make the mistake and buy the sh....................

·
Registered
87 Posts
dude whats wrong with the sh?....but oh well its ur choice. but look under the hood, if the filter is slanted upwards, its an sh. or look at the back and if there is an Type SH sticker, the its an sh..haha.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beachboy757 said:
dude whats wrong with the sh?....but oh well its ur choice. but look under the hood, if the filter is slanted upwards, its an sh. or look at the back and if there is an Type SH sticker, the its an sh..haha.
besides the sh sticker is there any differnce by juss looking at exterior/interior?? oh and some one told me that only sh comes in leather is that true??

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The Type SH has the Active Torque Transfer system.
Different Alloy Wheels
Leather Shift Knob (with Black stitching)
Rear Spoiler with no center mounted third brake light in the interior
Body colored side sills and rear under panel
Sport Shift is not available on the Type SH.
Interior Courtesy Door Lights
Different Suspension setup (different lower control arms as well as lower locating link).

There ya go :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
The real tipoff as far a know is the fact that there should be courtesy lights in the doors. I know of no Base cars that were modded to put them in. As to the spoiler-the key difference will be the fact that the light will ONLY be in the spoiler and NOT on the rear deck of an SH. Then again that can be changed-I had the deck swapped. True-it only comes in a 5 speed and the alloys are 5 spoke. Look under the hood on the driver's side and you WILL see the oil filter near the brake booster on an SH-it is in the middle of block on a BASE.

·
Registered
705 Posts
big thing is the tranny, if you don't want an SH you're gona end getting a sportshift.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Probably the easiest way to tell if it's an actual SH and not just a modified base model is to look for the ATTS indicator in the gauge display.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
kojiro said:
big thing is the tranny, if you don't want an SH you're gona end getting a sportshift.:rolleyes:
Hey genious they have 5 speed base models I know I have one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
395 Posts
look at the side skirts. if they match the color of the rest of the car, it's an SH. unless of course they were painted. the skirts on the base model are all black. which by the way make the car look nasty, unless the car is black. just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts