Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically,wat ls/vtec mean is a ls block (b18a/b) wit a vtec head (b16,b18c,c5).....its gains hp n torque, doing this, u can run itr time or even better better, depending on wat u do,if u just put gsr ecu,water pump,timing belt, ls pistons,etc....ur looking at itr time,if ur a good driver then ull do better......on the other hand, if u build the engine wit ir intake manifold,itr pistons,ecuetc and all that, then ur looking a probably mid 13s, maybe better

All depends on wat u do n a driver that u are!

·
Registered
241 Posts
who was this thread made for?

·
Registered
440 Posts
JAYMAN320 said:
aww sorry hear bout the engine, how long were u running that setup, i only ask becuase people say they dont last long, i know u say it wasn't releated so wat happen....sorry if u already answered this i dont venture much out of the Si forum,heh

threw out a bearing.....cant bearings be replaced...bearing where...

·
Registered
197 Posts
turbob20crvtec said:
for the dude on pg.6 who ask wat ls/vtec was
....i guess i kinda got messed up n post reply on his thread
ha, asked that question a while back. was it me you're referring to? hehe, thanks dude. peace

·
Banned
10 Posts
vtec means your engine has multiple camshafts. through certain ranges in rpm the camshafts switch in order to let you have maximum fuel efficiency or power. It works pretty well when built correctly.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
vtec means your engine has multiple camshafts. through certain ranges in rpm the camshafts switch in order to let you have maximum fuel efficiency or power. It works pretty well when built correctly.
Not only did you revive a 9 year old thread, but your explanation clearly proves that you have no idea what you're even talking about.

Really? if vtec means you have multiple camshafts.....How do you explain D/R series VTEC? Especially since they are sohc. How does a sohc have multiple camshafts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts