Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK SO I HAVE A 93 ACCORD SE, I HAVE AN ANNOYING BATTERY LIGHT THAT CONTINUES TO COME ON AN OFF WHEN IT CHOOSES TO, I HAVE HAD THE ALTERNATOR CHECKED WHILE CAR WAS RUNNING BY AUTOZONE AND THE BATTERY WAS AT 100% CHARGE LEVEL, I DISSCONNECTED THE BATTERY WHILE CAR WAS RUNNIGN AND IT STAYED ON. I DID REPLACE SSERPETINE BELTS, ALSO AN ANNOYING NOISE IS COMING OUT THROUGH MY AUDIO SYSTEM AS I ACCELERATE, HIGH PITCH SOUND. DONT KNOW WHERE TO START I CHECKED MY GROUNG AND THEY LOOK FINE AND I ALSO REPLACED THE BATTERY FUSE :mad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I would first like to say thanks for advice but also if you could try to be less of an asshole that would be much appreciated. I am new to this remember that, I never claimed to be an expert on anything. If putting down newbies makes u feel better then continue doing what you do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I am going to do that. The previous owner replaced the alternator with a bosche one, Im curious about warranty? Which Alternator would be best for my vehicle?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so I’m curious, if I have taken in my alternator and had it tested and passed both tests (while car is running and with the alternator removed and placed on their tester) could the issues still be the voltage regulator? Also, while I was driving the other day my battery light was on then went away along with my abs light (which has been on since a purchased my car) but then after a few miles, only my abs light came back on while driving?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes i did check my grounds and they look fine. I dont really want to swap alternator unless i have to. Its not hard to do but I have a hard time adjusting the belt and its about 100 dollars. You mentioned wires (blue and white) are those on the alternator itself or internal? Or do you believe my best bet is to just replace it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.