Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wherewould one find a good place to look for a new battery, pref. a gel-cell or some other type(i hav no idea what else is out there)of "better than OEM" battery. I will be re-locating it to the hatch area as well.......thanks guys!

· Registered
1,170 Posts
how much are the odyssesy batteries? Anyone out have one, or a link to somewhere where i can find some info?

· Registered
209 Posts
Before I did my swap, I planned on putting an Optima Yellow Top under the hood ( I was able to do this to my 87 Teg), but after getting the engine in, I noticed the clutch cable was in the way for the battery to sit up front. I relocated mine on the same side of the car, just in the rear hatch are. I also used 1/0 gauge wire so there would be no substantial voltage drop. I like the Optima's. I had a red top one for 8 years before it finally went bad. That one red top was in 4 different cars! The yellow top's are good for deep cycling and for cranking.

· Registered
2,120 Posts
kragen sells gel-cell bateries for 120 bucks or so.

· Registered
442 Posts
XSTATIC

YOU CAN FIND THE OPTIMA ON ALMOST VERY AFTERMARKET CAR SITE AND THEIR IS A FEW THAT HAVE THE ANNILATOR ALSO.
I HAVE THE YELLOW TOP OPTIMA RELOCATED TO THE TRUNK--ITS EASY.

I NEVER HEARD IF YOU GOT YOUR CAR PUT BACK TOGETHER OVER THE WINTER!?! HOPEFULLY ILL SEE YOU AT SOME SHOWS THIS SUMMER.

OH YEAH, FORMERLY SCAR6662001

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
selectscar said:
XSTATIC

YOU CAN FIND THE OPTIMA ON ALMOST VERY AFTERMARKET CAR SITE AND THEIR IS A FEW THAT HAVE THE ANNILATOR ALSO.
I HAVE THE YELLOW TOP OPTIMA RELOCATED TO THE TRUNK--ITS EASY.

I NEVER HEARD IF YOU GOT YOUR CAR PUT BACK TOGETHER OVER THE WINTER!?! HOPEFULLY ILL SEE YOU AT SOME SHOWS THIS SUMMER.

OH YEAH, FORMERLY SCAR6662001
still working on it, it is hard to do when you are out of town mon-fri and havea family to juggle and catch up on the weekends, and then try to fix the rex @ the same time.....all i need now is struts and a battery, and time(which is the hardest part to find) oh well soon enough nothing is open yet, so i'm alright....but yeah we'll have to hook up when it gets warmer..........

· Registered
1,170 Posts
i'm actually looking for a lightweight battery. This guy @ a domestic performance shop was telling me that the optimas aren't any lighter than a regular battery, he told me to look into the odyssey batteries

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.